From a painting

Reproduced with acknowledgement to Aberdeen Museums & Archives

 

Anwoth GN 29

Built 1915    John  Cran  & Co  Ltd, Leith Edinburgh (Steel)
   
Yard No 101
   
Owner at New James Alexander McGlashan, Granton  Edinburgh (owner/manager)
   
ID no 137633
   
Launch Date 17.12.1914
   
Completed 02.1915
   
Gross Tons 211
   
Nett Tons 93
   
Engine 74 hp  T.3-cyl by John  Cran  & Co Ltd, Leith Edinburgh
   
Length 115.9ft
   
Breadth 22ft
   
Depth 11.9ft
   
Owners  
23.02.1915 Registered at Granton GN 29.
02.1915 Requisitioned from builders and converted to minesweeper (Ad No 1158) based at Portland. Fitted with Listening Hydrophones.
1917 Owned by Vale of Leven Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Aberdeen (Harry Alexander Holmes manager).
1919 Returned to Owners.
1919 Owned by Thomas Harrison Scales, Newhaven Edinburgh  (owner/manager).
21.05.1919 Granton registry closed.
21.05.1919 Registered at Leith LH 2.
1920 Owned by William High, Dundee (owner/manager).
1929 Owned by Thomas Harrison Scales,   Newhaven Edinburgh  (owner/manager).
03.04.1932 Ran aground and wrecked at Sheep Island Mull of Kintyre, all crew saved.