Bass  Rock   LH 296         

Built 1907    John Cran & Co Ltd,  Leith Edinburgh (Steel)
Yard No 61
Owner at New Leith Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Edinburgh  (Thomas Harrison Scales manager)
ID no 125476
Launch Date 13.08.1907
Completed 09.1907
Gross Tons 169
Nett Tons 67
Engine 54 hp    T.3-cyl by John Cran & Co Ltd, Leith Edinburgh
Length 112.3ft
Breadth 21.6ft
Depth 10.9ft
21.09.1907 Registered at Leith LH 296
29.11.1911 Ran ashore at Newburgh, Aberdeenshire. Refloated later
09.1914 Requisitioned and converted to minesweeper (Ad.No.513) based at Granton
1919 Returned to Owners
30.04.1919 Owned by Abraham Moore, Scarborough (owner/manager).
04.1919 Leith registry closed.
30.04.1919 Registered at Scarborough SH 69
22.08.1919 Owned by Stepney Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Scarborough (Abraham Moore manager) .
11.10.1919 Owned by Frederick Spashett, Lowestoft
11.10.1919 Scarborough registry closed.
14.10.1919 Registered at Lowestoft LT 646.
1919 Owned by Vectis Fishing Co Ltd, Lowestoft (Walter H. Smith manager).
10.1921 Owned by Thomas  Stephen, Aberdeen (owner/manager)
29.10.1921 Lowestoft registry closed.
04.11.1921 Registered at Aberdeen A .759
07.02.1922 Owned by Thomas Stephen & John Nicol Stephen, Aberdeen (Thomas Stephen manager)
04.11.1922 Owned by Thomas  Stephen, Aberdeen (owner/manager)
21.07.1925 Ran aground 1000yds NNW of Peterhead Coastguard station. Damaged her propeller, all crew saved.
23.07.1925 Refloated and proceeded south with one blade on propeller.
22.02.1928 Owned by Stephen Fishing Co Ltd,   Aberdeen (Thomas Stephen manager)
29.05.1930 Owned by William H. East,  Milford Haven (owner/manager)
14.02.1935 Towed into Milford Haven after losing rudder off the Smalls lighthouse by S.T. "Gozo" H 545.
24.09.1940 Bombed and sunk by enemy aircraft of Old Head of Kinsale Ireland. Four crewmen lost including skipper, four others (Chief Engineer Rees, 2nd Engineer Mason, Bosun George Collier and cook Fred Foster) picked up by S.T. “Goosander” LL 118 and one (Cecil Mantripp, mate) by S.T. “Celtia” LL 28.
30.09.1940 Aberdeen registry closed.
  Those lost: - Skipper George Skewis; Third Hand John W. Tobutt; John Hext, deckhand, H. W. E. Mills, fireman.