As "Emma Wood" A.695 "From a painting at www.robandrew.co.uk

Reproduced with acknowledgement to Rob Andrew, Foggieloan Aberdeenshire

Benjamin Coleman  GW 37            

Built 1917    Fleming & Ferguson Ltd, Paisley (Steel)
   
Yard No 444
   
Owner at New Admiralty  (Ad.No.3687).
   
ID no 144639
   
Launch Date 02.11.1917
   
Completed 20.12.1917
   
Gross Tons 202
   
Nett Tons 77
   
Engine 57 hp   T.3-cyl by   Fleming & Ferguson Ltd, Paisley
   
Length 115.8ft
   
Breadth 22.2ft
   
Depth 12.1ft
 

 

Owners  
24.08.1920 Registered at London LO 408.
16.11.1921 Sold to the Mercantile.
16.11.1921 Owned by John Stewart Boyle, Glasgow (owner/manager).
09.12.1921 London registry closed.
12.1921 Registered at Glasgow GW 37.
14.09.1935 John Stewart Boyle deceased, executor Mrs Isabella S. Boyle,  Glasgow 
1935 Richard Allen appointed manager.
1935 Owned by John S. Boyle Ltd, Glasgow (Richard Allen manager).
16.12.1937 The first case of it kind at Edinburgh Sheriff Court, Skipper William Herkes, Leith fined 1 for using undersized mesh in his nets,  Herkes added that the nets had shrunk through constant use.
1939 Requisitioned as Auxiliary Patrol Vessel (P No.4.444).
1944 Converted to an ESSO (Fuel carrier)
09.1945 Returned to Owners
02.08.1947 Ran ashore at the Ness of Duncansby Caithness, refloated three hours later on the flood tide undamaged and resumed voyage to Granton
1948 Owned by Clyde Fishing Co Ltd, Edinburgh (John S. Boyle Ltd, Glasgow managers)
1952 Owned by Craig Wood Ltd, Aberdeen 
1952 Glasgow registry closed
1952 Renamed  "EMMA WOOD"
1952 Registered at Aberdeen A.695
 1960 Sold as scrap to BISCO (British Iron & Steel Co).
15.06.1960 Scrapped by James A. White & Co Ltd, St. David's on Forth.