Blue Bonnet  LH 99

Built 1866    T & W Smith, North Shields  (Wood)   
Yard No 11
Owner at New T. Spence & Others, North Shields
ID no 53446
Launch Date 1866
Completed 1866
Gross Tons 72
Nett Tons 8
Engine 35 hp  Side Lever L.1-cyl
Length 81.4ft
Breadth 17.3ft


Depth 9.5ft


1866 Registered at North Shields
1870 Owned by D. R. MacGregor & J. Galloway, Leith
Undated Owned by a Mr Nelson, Elie Fifeshire    (Vessel known locally as the "New Blue Bonnet")
1872 Owned by a Mr Nelson, Elie Fifeshire & Capt John Galloway, Leith (Vessel used for pleasure excursions)
1872 Owned by Mackie & Nelson, Elie Fifeshire.
1873 Owned by Mackie & Sneddon, Elie Fifeshire.
1873 Owned by Mackie & Salvesen, Leith
1873 Owned by Beveridge & Kennedy, Alloa Clackmannanshire
1873 Owned by W. Beveridge, Alloa Clackmannanshire
1875 North Shields registry closed.
1875 Registered at Alloa
Undated Registered at Leith LH 99 ?
Undated Converted to Beam Trawler 
1883 Owned by Scottish Steam Fishing & Shipping Co  Ltd  Edinburgh
1884 Chartered by the Army & Navy as an observation vessel for the test bombardment of the new Inchkeith fortifications.
1884 Renamed "MERLIN"
1884 Registered at Leith LH 1054
28.11.1884 Wrecked by fire 5 miles WSW of May Island, Firth of Forth, Skipper G. Mitchell & 4 crewmen rescued..
14.01.1885 Advertised in the Scotsman for sale at Leith on 19th January,where she lies ashore near Lamb Island North Berwick