Bonito LH 48

Built 1885  W. B. Thompson & Co Ltd,  Dundee  (Iron)
Yard No  
Owner at New Lowestoft Steam Carrying & Fishing Co Ltd, Lowestoft.
ID no 91712
Launch Date 1885
Completed 09.1885
Gross Tons 89
Nett Tons 30
Engine 38 hp C.2-cyl by W. B. Thompson & Co Ltd, Dundee
Length 90ft
Breadth 20.1ft
Depth 9ft
03.11.1885 Registered at Lowestoft LT ?
26.11.1886 Arrived in Lowestoft with the Great Yarmouth fishing smack "Ripple" in tow, smack was dis-masted and picked up 84 miles ENE from Great Yarmouth.
14.03.1888 For sale by auction at the Suffolk Hotel, Lowestoft. ("Dolphin" & "Greencastle" also for sale).
1888 Owned by Mackay & Co, Leith Edinburgh (Alexander  Kay & George Shaw, owner/managers)
1888 Registered at Leith LH 48
07.10.1898 Towed into Dundee by S.T. "Sea King" LH 144 after breaking down off the Bell Rock lighthouse.
04.06.1897 Arrived at Leith and reported that the boilers tubes had burst 16 miles SE from the May Island Firth of Forth.
30.05.1898 Alexander Kay sole owner/manager.
19.07.1899 Ran ashore near Berwick, refloated on a later tide.
17.09.1900 Collided with S.S. "Newport" (1219g/1882) of Leith and sank at Cow Buoy Firth of Forth during thick fog. Skipper A. Horsburgh and six crew rescued.