© Reproduced with acknowledgement to the FHMT & Bosuns Watch website

Cave H 643

Built 1902     Cochrane & Sons Ltd, Selby (Steel)
Yard No 303
Owner at New James Henry Collinson, Hull (owner/manager)
ID no 116085
Launch Date 08.07.1902
Completed 15.09.1902
Gross Tons 247
Nett Tons 99
Engine 70 hp T.3-cyl by Charles D. Holmes & Co Ltd, Hull
Length 125ft
Breadth 21.5ft
Depth 12ft


17.09.1902 Registered at Hull H 643
11.1914 Requisitioned and converted to minesweeper (Ad.No.389) based at Portland (Northern patrol).
1919 Returned to Owners
23.10.1923 Owned by Harry Collinson, Henry Hewett and Jesse Spring, Hull.
30.01.1924 Along with the S. T. “Strathebrie” A.59 towed Norwegian S.S.  “Elvenes” (3899grt/1901) of Oslo disabled with damaged rudder into Stornoway, Isle of Lewis.
03.06.1924 Awarded £2600 salvage for the assistance to S.S. "Elvenes" in January.
02.07.1924 Owned by Harry, Stanley & Charles Collinson, Hull.
 10.10.1924 Owned by Harry & Stanley Collinson, Hull.
25.01.1930 Ran ashore when entering Kirkwall, Orkney Islands, refloated undamaged on the high tide.
10.08.1933 Owned by Dalby Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Fleetwood (Bowden Ramster, manager).
02.12.1935 Ran aground while entering Stornoway harbour Isle of Lewis, refloated with the assistance of the S. T. "Transvaal" FD 381.
16.03.1937 Landed three crewmen at Oban after they had been injured when she shipped a large sea.
06.08.1943 Owned by J. Bennett (Wholesale) Ltd, London (William A. Bennett, manager).
21.10.1946 Owned by Ocean Fishing Co, Newhaven Edinburgh (George Inglis Ward, owner/manager).
07.11.1947 Owned by Joseph Croan, Newhaven Edinburgh (owner/manager).
12.08.1948 Owned by Den Fishing Co Ltd, Dundee (Harry McFarlane, manager).
1950 Sold as scrap to BISCO (British Iron & Steel Co).
03.05.1950 Arrived at Bo'ness
1950 Scrapped by P. & W. McLellan Ltd at Bo’ness on Forth.
22.12.1950 Hull registry closed.