Columba GN 43                   

Built 1893   Hawthorns & Co Ltd, Leith Edinburgh   (Steel)
   
Yard No 48
   
Owner at New Thomas L. Devlin,  Granton Edinburgh (owner/manager)
   
ID no 99903
   
Launch Date 15.06.1893
   
Completed 07.1893
   
Gross Tons 126
   
Nett Tons 22
   
Engine 48 hp   T.3-cyl by  Hawthorns & Co Ltd, Leith Edinburgh   
Length 99ft
   
Breadth 20.1ft
   
Depth 10ft
   
Owners  
07.1893 Registered at Granton GN 43.
20.11.1894 Burst cylinder top 20 miles east of the May Island Firth of Forth, towed into Granton.
24.11.1902 Engine failure 35 miles east of May Island Firth of Forth, towed to Granton in heavy weather by S.T. "Companion" GN 23.
22.01.1909 Collided with S.T. "King Fisher"  GN 4 abreast of Leith. Continued to fishing grounds
10.06.1915 Skipper John Sutherland at Dundee Sheriff Court fined 50 or 60 days imprisonment for fishing inside the legal limit near Carnoustie coastguard station on 10th/11th April 1915.
05.1916 Requisitioned and converted to Boom Defence Vessel
10.03.1918 Sank after striking mine 1.5 miles SSW of May Island Firth of Forth. She was under tow from Dundee for Rosyth to take up duties as a gate vessel, when at 14.12 pm she detonated a mine and sank. The mine had been laid by the submarine UC 40. The wreck has been found, located in position 56.09.30N, 02.33.30W. Five crewmen were lost.