Reproduced with acknowledgement to The Bosuns Watch website

 Comitatus  GN 39

Built 1918   Cook  Welton and Gemmell,   Beverley  as "John Gulipster"  (Steel)
   
Yard No 403
   
Owner at New Admiralty    (Ad.No.3782)
   
ID no 143256
   
Launch Date 24.09.1918
   
Completed 17.04.1919 as a fishing vessel
   
Gross Tons 281
   
Nett Tons 108
   
Engine 87 hp  T.3-cyl by Amos & Smith Ltd, Hull
 

 

Length 125.5ft
   
Breadth 23.5ft
   
Depth 12.7ft
 

 

Owners  
1919 Sold to the Mercantile
1919 Owned by James Johnson,  Scarborough (owner/manager)  
1919 Renamed "BETTY JOHNSON"
1919 Registered at Scarborough SH 50.
1921 Owned by Prince Fletcher Trawlers Ltd, Fleetwood    (Harry Melling & P. Fletcher mangers)
1924 In Wyre Dock explosion caused by 1cwt drum of carbide (for lamps) falling from slings into engine room bilge and bursting open, gas generated was ignited by boiler heat. Two men died and three seriously injured.
1927 Owned by Melling Trawlers Ltd, Fleetwood  (Henry Melling manger).
12.1927 Scarborough registry closed.
29.12.1927 Renamed "ANNIE MELLING".
29.12.1927 Registered at Fleetwood FD 168.
12.1931 Owned by Farrows Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Hull (William C. Farrow manager).
17.12.1931 Fleetwood registry closed.
12.01.1932 Renamed "ANDREW MARVEL".
12.01.1932 Registered at Hull H 399.
23.03.1933 Owned by Hudson Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Hull (Hudson Bros Trawlers Ltd managers).
12.1935 Owned by Thomas L. Devlin & Sons, Granton Edinburgh (Thomas L. Devlin Jnr manager).
18.12.1935 Hull registry closed.
19.12.1935 Registered at Granton GN 39.
01.1936 Renamed "COMITATUS". 
28.08.1939 Requisitioned and converted to minesweeper (P. No. FY.633) (Hire rate 90.12.6d/month).
1942 Owned by Mrs Elizabeth  D. Breen, Edinburgh (Thomas L. Devlin Jnr manager).
10.1945 Returned to Owners.
09.10.1945 Owned by Dinas Steam Trawling Co Ltd, Fleetwood.
02.1952 Owned by Queen Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Grimsby (Charles Alford Osborne manager). 
02.1952 Granton registry closed.
08.02.1952 Registered at Grimsby GY 228
12.07.1956 Grimsby registry closed.
1956 Scrapped by Van Heyghen Freres, Ghent Belgium.