Commodore GN 31                

Built 1890   Hawthorns  & Co Ltd,  Leith Edinburgh (Steel)
   
Yard No 32
   
Owner at New Thomas L. Devlin,  Granton Edinburgh (owner/manager)  
   
ID no 97551
   
Launch Date 04.06.1890
   
Completed 07.1890
   
Engine 48 hp  C.2-cyl  by   Hawthorns  & Co Ltd,  Leith Edinburgh
   
Gross Tons 126
   
Nett tons 37
   
Length 108.8ft
   
Breadth 20ft
   
Depth 9.6ft
 
 
Owners  
09.07.1890 Registered at Granton GN 31
12.1890 Owned by Robert S. Brocklebank,  London   (ship broker) (owner/manager)
1891 Owned by Newborn & Brocklebank, Milford Haven (Robert S. Brocklebank manager)
27.02.1894 For sale by public auction at the Lord Nelson Hotel, Milford Haven
1894 Owned by John McPherson,  Arbroath. (owner/manager)
10.1895 Skipper Adam Sutherland fined 50 or thirty days imprisonment at Stornoway Sheriff court for illegally fishing inside the 3 mile limit at Loch Roag and attempting to conceal the boats registration numbers by using substitute numbers(A.77) painted on canvas sheets, west side of Lewis, Outer Hebrides. The accused chose prison.
05.1898 Disabled at sea by a broken shaft, Skipper Sedgewick succeeded in reaching Cromarty under sail, from where she was towed to Buckie by the S.T. "Andrew" A.670.
13.10.1899 Towed S.T. "St. Clement" A.70  (broken main shaft) to Aberdeen from Orkney
06.07.1900 Advertised for sale (Glasgow Herald) on 13th July at Aberdeen
09.1900 Owned by Peter Johnstone,  Aberdeen  
09.1900 Granton registry closed.
22.09.1900 Renamed "HOPE"
22.09.1900 Registered at Aberdeen A.287
13.12.1904 Owned by Charles Robertson & James Leiper, Aberdeen (David Sherrit manager).
24.08.1906 Owned by James Leiper & George Wood, Aberdeen (David Sherrit manager)
1907 Owned by James Leiper, Aberdeen (David Sherrit manager)
 18.10.1907 Rescued the crew of the S.T. "Admiral" SN 98 after responding  to distress signals. The "Admiral" was taken in tow, but the heavy seas caused the tow rope to part. Skipper Mutch decided as she was sinking to abandon her and all seven crewmen were transferred to the "Hope".
1910 Owned by Douglas H. Bookless, Aberdeen (owner/manager).
1912 Owned by Dutch owners
27.08.1912 Aberdeen registry closed.