© Reproduced with acknowledgement to FHMT & Bosuns Watch websites

      Concertator  GN 8            

Built 1917   Smiths Dock Co Ltd,  Middlesbrough as  "John Thorling"  (Steel)
Yard No 706
Owner at New Admiralty    (Ad No. 3527)
ID no 143964
Launch Date 27.07.1917
Completed 01.09.1917
Gross Tons 276
Nett Tons 107
Engine 61  hp  T.3-cyl by Smiths Dock Co Ltd,  Middlesbrough
Length 125.5ft
Breadth 23.4ft
Depth 12.8ft


24.08.1920 Registered at London LO 430
1920 Sold to the Mercantile
1920 Owned by W. H. East, Milford Haven.
1925 Owned by River Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Fleetwood (Henry Blackburn manager)    
28.11.1925 London registry closed.
30.11.1925 Registered at Fleetwood FD 75
10.12.1925 Renamed "RIVER KENT"
1926 Kelsall & Blackburn, Fleetwood appointed managers.
06.04.1932 Lost her rudder during heavy weather off the Mull of Kintyre, after 36 hours taken in tow to Belfast by S.T. “Edward Cattelly” FD 204. Temporary repairs carried out and towed to Fleetwood by tug “Flying Kite” (260g/1929).
1934 Owned by Thomas L. Devlin & Sons,  Granton Edinburgh (Thomas L. Devlin Jnr manager)
09.11.1934 Fleetwood registry closed.
11.1934 Renamed "CONCERTATOR"
11.1934 Registered at Granton GN 8
31.08.1939 Requisitioned and converted to minesweeper (P.No FY.637) based at GreatYarmouth in the 28th minesweeping group Nore Command (Hire rate £80.4.2d/month) .
04.1941 Chief Skipper George Youngson Abernethy, R.N.R.awarded the Distinguished Service Cross.
1942 Owned by Thomas L. Devlin & Sons Ltd, Granton Edinburgh
01.1946 Returned to Owners
22.07.1946 Owned by Yolland Brothers, Milford Haven (J. Yolland manager)
08.07.1948 Owned by J. Marr and Son Ltd, Fleetwood ( £12500 )
07.1948 Granton registry closed.
08.07.1948 Registered at Fleetwood FD 276.
09.03.1951 Owned by Stephen Fishing Co Ltd, Aberdeen ( John N. Stephen manager) 
03.1951 Fleetwood registry closed
03.1951 Renamed "THOMAS  STEPHEN"
03.1951 Registered at Aberdeen A.680
1958 Owned by Seafield Fishing Co Ltd, Aberdeen (John A. Lewis manager)
1959 Owned by John A. Lewis, Aberdeen.
1959 Sold as scrap
12.08.1959 Scrapped in Rotterdam Holland