Entering Yarmouth

© Reproduced with acknowledgement to Ally Flett & his Father

Craigentinny LH 261

Built 1919            Isaac Pimblott & Sons, Northwich as "Spurt" (Steel)
Yard No 356
Owner at New Admiralty
ID no 145543
Launch Date 1919
Completed 16.01.1920 as a fishing vessel.
Gross Tons 96
Nett Tons 41
Engine 42 hp T.3-cyl by William Beardmore & Co Ltd, Glasgow
Length 86.5ft
Breadth 18.5ft
Depth 9.4ft


1920 Handed over to the Fisheries Board for Scotland for disposal to the mercantile.
1920 Owned by A. Wares & Charles Cluness, Newhaven Edinburgh.
1920 Renamed “CRAIGENTINNY”
1921 Registered at Leith LH 261.
07.1922 Owned by William John Allen, Grimsby & William Lambert, Cleethorpes Lincolnshire (Harold Arthur Jeffries manager).
07.1922 Leith registry closed.
20.07.1922 Registered at Grimsby GY 89.
11.1922 Owned by F. Siabas-Fourny, Boulogne France.
10.11.1922 Grimsby registry closed.
11.1922 Registered at Boulogne.
1928 Owned by Alexander Strachan & Others, Peterhead (Alex Strachan owner/manager).
1928 Boulogne registry closed.
1929 Registered at Peterhead PD 185.
08.09.1939 Requisitioned and employed on Transport duties (Hire rate £32.0s.0d/month).
07.1941 Deployed as an Examination Vessel.
24.11.1943 Owned by Robert Alfred Colby Cubbin, Douglas Isle of Man.
30.11.1943 Peterhead registry closed.
30.11.1943 Registered at Peel PL 63.
1945 Returned to Owners
28.03.1949 Owned by Thomas Buchan, St. Combs, May Buchan, William George Buchan, John Tait Buchan, Andrew Buchan, Robert Stephenson, John Farquar, of Fraserburgh & John Watt Damson, Longside Aberdeenshire..
11.04.1949 Peel registry closed.
11.04.1949 Registered at Fraserburgh FR 567.
06.1952 Owned by Scottish Boat Owners Mutual Insurance Co Ltd, Buckie (D. Slater manager) and employed as a Salvage Vessel.