Reproduced with acknowledgement to Jan H, Bill Blow and artist George Race

Craighall LH 273

Built  1919      Isaac J. Abdela & Mitchell Ltd, Queensferry Flint North Wales as "Fogbreak"   (Steel)
Yard No 446

Owner at New


ID no 145547
Launch Date 1919
Completed 31.12.1920 as a fishing vessel.
Gross Tons 95
Nett Tons 40
Engine 42 hp T.3-cyl by Isaac J. Abdela & Mitchell Ltd, Brimscombe
Length 86.2ft
Breadth 18.5ft
Depth 9.3ft
12.10.1920 Handed over to Fishery Board of Scotland for disposal to the Mercantile.  
07.01.1921 Sold to the Mercantile.
07.01.1921 Owned by Charles Cluness & A. Forbes Newhaven Edinburgh (Donald D. Gray Jnr manager).
1921 Renamed "CRAIGHALL"
1921 Registered at Leith LH 273
1923 Owned by Samuel Chapman Jnr, Grimsby (owner/manager).
1926 Owned by William C. Wilson, Whitley Bay, Northumberland & John Muir, Cellardyke, Fife (John T. Graham, Anstruther manager).
1926 Renamed "SPES AUREA"
1926 Leith registry closed.
1926 Registered at Kirkcaldy KY 81.
1940 Requisitioned for Harbour Service.
1945 Returned to Owners.
Pre1947 Owned by Hamilton Fishing Co Ltd, Milford Haven.
Pre1947 Kirkcaldy registry closed.
Pre1947 Registered at Lowestoft LT 72.
1948 Owned by Caledonian Motorboats (Peterhead) Ltd, Peterhead.
1948 Lowestoft registry closed.
1948 Registered at Peterhead PD 58.
12.1954 Sold as scrap.