As "Summer Rose" entering Yarmouth

Reproduced with acknowledgement to Ally Flett and his Father

Craigleith  LH 255

Built 1919     Isaac Pimblott & Sons, Northwich as "Stern Wave"   (Steel)
Yard No 357
Owner at New Admiralty  (Ad.No.357)
ID no 145542
Launch Date 1919
Completed 27.03.1920 as a fishing vessel
Gross Tons 96
Nett Tons 43
Engine 34 hp   C.2-cyl by William Beardmore & Co Ltd, Glasgow.
Length 86.5ft
Breadth 18.5ft
Depth 9.4ft

Handed over to Fisheries Board of Scotland for disposal to the Mercantile

1920 Owned by A. Wares & Charles Cluness, Newhaven Edinburgh.
1921 Renamed "CRAIGLEITH"
1921 Registered at Leith  LH 255.
1922 Owned by Scottish Steam Herring Fishing Co Ltd, Peterhead (John Sutherland manager) .
1922 Leith registry closed.
1922 Renamed "SUMMER ROSE"
1922 Registered at Peterhead PD 594.
1930 Fishing  from Fleetwood  ( Alex Keay agents )
01.10.1939 Requisitioned and converted to minesweeper (Hire rate 32.0.0d/month).
13.10.1940 Lost, mined off Sunderland, two crewmen lost (James Southern, Engineman; Frank Paget, Stoker)