Cramond Island LH 114

Built 1910   Mackie & Thomson Ltd,  Govan  (Steel)
Yard No 400
Owner at New Leith Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Leith Edinburgh    (Thomas H. Scales manager)
ID no 129400
Launch Date 17.10.1910
Completed 11.1910
Gross Tons 180
Nett Tons 70
Engine 70 hp  T.3-cyl by  W. V. V. Lidgerwood & Co Ltd, Glasgow
Length 112.3ft
Breadth 21.9ft
Depth 11.3ft
11.11.1910 Registered at Leith LH 114
05.1915 Requisitioned and converted to minesweeper (Ad No 1495) based at Dover.
1919 Returned to Owners
1919 Owned by Thomas H. Scales,  Leith Edinburgh (owner/ manager).
19.01.1926 Collided with S.T. "North Queen" GN 51 off Aberdeen.

Owned by Thomas H. Scales & Son, Newhaven Edinburgh.

1935 Owned by Thomas H. Scales & Sons, Ltd Newhaven Edinburgh.
11.1939 Requisitioned and converted to Boom Defence Vessel (P.No Z.158)
02.04.1941 Sunk during and air attack by a German JU 88 aircraft 3 miles east of  St. Abbs Head, eleven of her crew got away in a boat and two on a raft. Two were killed, one from a direct hit by a bomb, the other drowned. Three more ratings died of wounds. Those in the boat were rescued by the St. Abbs lifeboat "Annie, Ronald & Isabella Forrest" during the rescue the breeches buoy became entangled in the propeller, she was later towed into Eyemouth by the fishing vessel "Spes Bona" BK 123. The two on the raft were rescued by the fishing boat "Milky Way".
11.11.1941 Leith registry closed.
  Those lost: - James Bruce (Engineer) (33) Portknockie Banffshire and George Baker (Seaman), Newfoundland Canada.
  James R. Bruce (Mate) (33) Wick, H. Campon (Seaman) and Jack Cappell Durran (Stoker) (31) died of injuries.
  Registry closed 31 years to the day after opening.