As "Cape Kanin" H 586

Reproduced with acknowledgement to The Bosuns Watch website

                    Davarr Island  GN 23                  

Built 1930   Cochrane & Sons Ltd, Selby   as "Cape Kanin"  (Steel)
Yard No 1083
Owner at New Hudson Brothers Trawlers Ltd,  Hull (Charles Hudson manager)
ID no 162181
Launch Date 14.05.1930
Completed 30.06.1930
Gross Tons 347
Nett Tons 152
Engine 96 hp  T.3-cyl by C. D. Holmes & Co Ltd, Hull
Length 140.2ft
Breadth 24.5ft
Depth 13.3ft
30.06.1930 Registered at Hull H 258
29.11.1935 Hull registry closed.
29.11.1935 Owned by the Admiralty  renamed  HMT "Syringa" (P.No.T55)
10.1940 Temporary Skipper William Taylor Ritchie awarded the Distinguished Service Cross and E. C. P Clinton (engineman) awarded the Distinguished Service Medal for gallantry during an air attack when they carried an unexploded bomb from the engine room and threw it overboard.
1946 Sold to the Mercantile
1946 Owned by Thomas  H. Scales & Sons, Leith Edinburgh (Henry Rutherford manager).  
1946 Renamed "DAVARR ISLAND"
1946 Registered at Granton GN 23
1948 Owned by Hudson Brothers Trawlers Ltd,  Hull 
1948 Granton registry closed.
1948 Renamed  "CAPE KANIN"
1948 Registered at Hull H 586
07.02.1954 William Dobson (44) Sparehand lost overboard.
09.1954 Scrapped  in Antwerp  Belgium