Alongside at Lerwick

 Reproduced with acknowledgement to the Shetland Museum & Archives

Finlay Paton GW 8

Built 1930    Hall Russell  & Co Ltd, Aberdeen as "Barbara Robb"    (Steel)
   
Yard No 713
   
Owner at New George Robb,  Aberdeen  (owner/manager )
   
ID no 162271
   
Launch Date 14.05.1930
   
Completed 06.1930
   
Gross Tons 217
   
Nett Tons 74
   
Engine 65 hp    T.3-cyl by Hall Russell  & Co Ltd, Aberdeen
   
Length 117.6ft
   
Breadth 22.1ft
   
Depth 12.2ft
   
Owners  
10.06.1930 Registered at Aberdeen A.124
1931 Homeward bound ran ashore at Huna, Caithness in dense fog. She was refloated at high tide by Stroma fishermen.
1933 Owned by George Robb & Sons Ltd, Aberdeen (George Robb manager).
07.05.1938 In collision with and sank S.T. "Dandini" A.18 (212g/1917) in a gale and heavy snow storm 50 miles of Shetland, "Dandini" was struck on the quarter and sank in 40 minutes , all crew rescued and taken to Lerwick.
09.1939 Requisitioned as Boom Defence Vessel (P.No.Z.155) based at Aultbea, Loch Ewe.
12.1944 Returned to Owners.
20.01.1941 Owned by North Star Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Aberdeen   (John Alexander Harrow manger ).
25.06.1946 Renamed "AVONVIEW".
21.01.1952 Owned by Ardrossan Trawling Co Ltd, Glasgow (Walter K. Paton Ltd,managers).
21.01.1952 Aberdeen registry closed.
1952 Renamed "FINLAY PATON".
1952 Registered at Glasgow GW 8.
1961 Sold as scrap to BISCO (British Iron & Steel Co) for 3156.
20.12.1961 Arrived at Charlestown, Fife
09.01.1962 Scrapped by Shipbreaking Industries Ltd at Charlestown, Fife