Reproduced with acknowledgement to Grimsby Central Library

http://www.nelincs.gov.uk/resident/libraries-and-archives/archives--local-and-family-history/local-history-library/

Floribelle  GN 80              

Built 1918    Hall Russell & Co Ltd,  Aberdeen as  "Thomas Burnham"  (Steel)
   
Yard No 642
   
Owner at New Admiralty    (Ad.No.4415)
   
ID no 143889
   
Launch Date 09.09.1918
   
Completed 1918
   
Gross Tons 203
   
Nett Tons 87 
   
Engine 57 hp   T.3-cyl by James Abernethy & Co, Aberdeen
   
Length 115.4ft
   
Breadth 22.1ft
   
Depth 12.1ft

 

Owners  
28.08.1920 Registered at London LO  446.
 11.1921 Sold to the Mercantile.
 11.1921 Owned by Consolidated Steam Fishing & Ice Co Ltd, Grimsby (John Denton Marsden, manager).
28.11.1921 London registry closed.
07.12.1921 Registered at Grimsby GY 1325.
13.03.1922 Renamed "FLORIBELLE".
15.11.1923 Mortgaged by Consolidated Steam Fishing & Ice Co Ltd, Grimsby (A).
15.11.1923 Mortgagee: London Joint City & Midland Bank Ltd, London (secure account & interest).
04.03.1924 Manager becomes Sir John Denton Marsden, Bart
09.1927 Owned by Consolidated Fisheries Ltd, Grimsby ( Sir John Denton Marsden, Bart manager).
24.07.1928 Mortgage (A) discharged.
25.07.1928 Bill of Sale: Owned by Archibald Glen Brown,  Granton Edinburgh (owner/manager).
26.07.1928 Grimsby registry closed.
26.07.1928 Registered at Granton  GN 80.
1932 Owned by Alexander W. Gardner,  North Shields (owner/manager).  
1932 Renamed  "COPIEUX".
04.1933 Granton registry closed.
21.04.1933 Registered at North Shields SN 157.
14.05.1935 Towed S.T. "Lolist" LT 427 into the Tyne after she had been damaged by a heavy sea.
02.1938 Owned by George Cormack,  Aberdeen (owner/manager). 
25.02.1938 North Shields registry closed.
28.02.1938 Registered at Aberdeen A.465
27.11.1939 Requisitioned and converted to minesweeper. (Hire rate 60.18.0d/month).
03.02.1940 Returned to owners.
1941 Owned by Peter & J. Johnston Ltd,  Aberdeen
1942 Owned by Milford Steam  Trawling Co  Ltd,  Milford  Haven   (James Carpenter Ward manager)
05.10.1942 Aberdeen registry closed
12.10.1942 Registered at Milford Haven M 183
06.1945 Owned by River Ness Fishing Co Ltd, Aberdeen, (George Craig manager) (12500)
02.09.1945 Milford registry closed.
04.10.1945 Registered at Aberdeen A.599
13.05.1949 Owned by Mellings Ltd,  Fleetwood (W. Melling manager)
17.05.1949 Aberdeen registry closed
1949 Renamed "NELLIE MELLING"
1949 Registered at Fleetwood FD 25
01.02.1954 Fishing off the Isle of Man. On hauling a body was found in the trawl. Skipper Harry Buckley ordered it to be returned to the water. Body believed to be one of seven airmen from RAF Wellington aircraft missing in the area.
03.1955 Owned by Alexander Hay,  Aberdeen (owner/manager)
25.03.1955 Fleetwood registry closed.
03.1955 Renamed "GIRDLENESS"
03.1955 Registered at Aberdeen A.17
04.07.1957 Ran ashore near Cantick Head, Longhope lifeboat stood by.
07.07.1957 Refloated after jettisoning most of her bunkers. Returned to Aberdeen but declared  a Total Loss.
1957 Sold as scrap to BISCO (British Iron & Steel Co).
11.09.1957 Arrived at Grangemouth
25.09.1957 Scrapped by G & W. Brunton at Grangemouth.