In Berwick upon Tweed circa 1900

©© Copyright Unknown

Flying Cloud LH

Built 1872   Thomas Hepple & Son Ltd, Low Walker Newcastle upon Tyne
Yard No 272
Owner at New Clyde Shipping Co Ltd, Glasgow (George J. Kidston manager)
ID no 65120
Launch Date 1871
Completed 04.1871
Gross Tons 104
Nett Tons 22


Engine 40 hp Side Lever L.2-cyl by Thomas Hepple & Son Ltd, Low Walker Newcastle upon Tyne
Length 96.5ft
Breadth 18.1ft
Depth 9.2ft
1871 Registered at Cardiff.
04.1871 Owned by William Gwynn, Cardiff.
02.1872 Owned by Rosser Rosser, Swansea.
1881 Owned by Richardson Brothers, Swansea.
07.1881 Registered at Swansea.
Undated Converted to trawler.
03.1885 Owned by W. P. Ching, Swansea.
07.1888 Owned by Mrs E. J. Ching & P. Rousey, Swansea (E. J. Ching manager).
1889 Owned by L. Ching, Swansea.
1890 Owned by J. M. Thomas & Others, Swansea.
12.03.1891  Owned by James Gourlay Bridges, Leith Edinburgh (owner/manager).
1891 Swansea registry closed.
1891 Registered at Leith.
13.03.1892 Owned by James Gourlay Bridges & Others, Leith Edinburgh.
17.03.1892 Rescued Captain John Junner, sole survivor from the schooner "Conquest" (59n/1868) of Stornoway enroute Montrose to Newcastle after, she had foundered in the Firth of Forth while seeking shelter from a storm. Three othe crewmen were lost, Captain Junner was landed at Leith.
19.04.1898 Owned by William J. Slimon & Others, Leith Edinburgh.
1898 Owned by Archibald MacKinnon & Others, Leith Edinburgh.
10.01.1900 Towed 100 miles into Aberdeen with a broken mainshaft by S.T. "Elbe" H 358.
1900 Reverted to tug.
10.1906 Owned by G. Godfrey, Liverpool.
15.10.1906 Leith registry closed
21.01.1918 Owned by James Foster & Joseph Hall, Ashton on Ribble, Preston Lancashire.
21.01.1918 Renamed “RUFFORD”.
21.08.1918 Owned by George R. Nicholson, Liverpool.
21.08.1918 Converted to a dumb barge
21.10.1918 Registered at Preston.
05.06.1920 Sank in the River Mersey.
1920 Preston registry closed.