Flying Cloud SN

Built 1866    Barclay Curle & Co Ltd Glasgow  as  "Diamond"  (Iron)
   
Yard No 158
   
Owner at New River Towing Co Ltd,  Greenock (Andrew Orr & Others)
   
ID no 55444
   
Launch Date 05.11.1866
   
Completed 12.1866
Gross Tons 61
   
Nett Tons 6
   
Engine 30 hp   Side Lever L.1-cyl   by Barclay Curle & Co Ltd, Glasgow
   
Length 80.5ft
   
Breadth 15.2ft
   
Depth 7.4ft
   
Owners  
1867 Owned by New York Owners (sale and re-purchase, via 'foreign' owners was merely a procedure to enable the name to be changed).
1867 Renamed "FLYING CLOUD" used as ferry/tug at Glasgow harbour. Struck pier at Helensburgh and sank, raised 11 days later and taken to Greenock for repair.
1867 Owned by Clyde Shipping Co Ltd, Glasgow (George J. Kidston manager)
18.04.1868 In collision with S.S. "Lady Brisbane" (151g/1852) both vessels sank and later both vessels raised and repaired.
Undated Converted to trawler.
1877 Owned by J. P. Rennoldson,  South Shields.
1878 Owned by Barber & Chisholm ,North Shields.
1878 Glasgow registry closed.
1878 Registered at North Shields
22.04.1879 Returned to North Shields having lost her trawl on a wreck.
1879 Owned by Hugh Campbell, North Shields.
09.12.1879 Stranded on rocks on the East side of Inchcolm Firth of Forth.
17.12.1879 Wreck refloated and taken to Leith for repair (Robert Innes & Co Shipbuilders).
29.06.1880 Owned  by Alexander Laing, Leith Edinburgh, bought at auction for 360.
01.08.1881 George Walker (engineer) died in Leith Hospital after falling into the paddle box while it was in motion.
28.02.1888 Offered for sale in the Scotsman at the Queens Dock Leith, Edinburgh owing to the death of the owner.
1888 Owned by O. T. Olsen, Stavanger Norway.