Arriving in Lerwick

Reproduced with acknowledgement to the Shetland Museum & Archives

     Fort Rannoch GN 14    

Built 1936   John Lewis & Sons Ltd,  Aberdeen  (Steel)
   
Yard No 136
   
Owner at New John Lewis Ltd,  Aberdeen     (Sir Andrew Lewis manager)
   
ID no 162296
 

 

Launch Date 30.12.1935
   
Completed 01.1936
   
Gross Tons 258
   
Nett Tons 113
   
Engine 70 hp   T.3-cyl by John Lewis & Sons Ltd,  Aberdeen   (Engine No.214)
   
Length 126.3ft
   
Breadth 23.2ft
   
Depth 12.6ft
   
Owners  
20.01.1936 Registered at Aberdeen A.398
11.1937 Owned by Dublin Trawling, Ice & Cold Storage Co Ltd, Dublin  Ireland
1937 Aberdeen registry closed.
1937 Registered at Dublin D.223
1938 Requisitioned into the Irish Naval Service (Marine & Coast watching); Used by the Agriculture and Fisheries Of Ireland.
1947 Returned to owners
1947 Owned by John Lewis Ltd,  Aberdeen  (Sir Andrew Lewis manager)
1952 Owned by Thomas L. Devlin & Sons Ltd, Granton, Edinburgh 
1952 Dublin registry closed.
1952 Registered at Granton GN 14.
20.02.1959 Tied up in Lerwick, Shetland, most of the crew down with the flu, not enough hands to safely handle the ship.
1963 Sold as scrap.
09.1963 Scrapped by G & W. Brunton at Grangemouth
   
 
  While in Irish Naval Service
  Unknown