As Courlis A 51 leaving Aberdeen

Reproduced with acknowledgement to the Shetland Museum & Archives

Forth Haven GN 60

Built 1919     Hall Russell & Co Ltd,  Aberdeen as "John Britton"   (Steel)
   
Yard No 654
   
Owner at New Admiralty   (Ad.No.4427)
   
ID no 143259
   
Launch Date 02.05.1919
   
Completed 05.1919 as a fishing vessel.
   
Gross Tons 202
   
Nett Tons 88
   
Engine 56 hp   T.3-cyl by  Hall Russell & Co Ltd,  Aberdeen
   
Length 115.4ft
   
Breadth 22.1ft
   
Depth 12.1ft
 

 

Owners  
1919 Sold to the Mercantile
1919 Owned by Richard  Wardell Crawford,  Scarborough. (owner/manager).
11.06.1919 Renamed "ELSIE JESSOP".
11.06.1919 Registered at Scarborough SH 98.
14.04.1920 Owned by Forth Steam Trawling Co Ltd,  Granton Edinburgh (Henry O. McAllister Lees manager).  
28.05.1920 Scarborough registry closed.
29.05.1920 Renamed "FORTH HAVEN".
29.05.1920 Registered at Granton GN 60.
08.1922 Forth Steam Trawling Co Ltd in liquidation.
14.08.1922 Rescued the crew from the foundered motor ketch "Janet Allan" off St. Abbs Head Berwickshire.
12.02.1923 Owned by Forth Steam Trawling Co (1922) Ltd Granton Edinburgh (Henry O. McAllister Lees manager).
05.1925 Owned by Soc Des Pecheries de L'Ocean, Arcachon France (Charles Olivari manager).
25.05.1925 Granton registry closed.
05.1925 Renamed "COURLIS".
05.1925 Registered at Arcachon.
1939 Requisitioned by the French Navy  converted to minesweeper (AD 105).
12.1942 Seized by the Kriegsmarine (M6021)
08.1944 Scuttled at Marseilles.
Undated Salved and returned to service.
07.1946 Returned to Owners.
Post1954 Owned by Wilronwood Fishing Co Ltd,  Aberdeen (Basil A. Parkes manager).
Post1954 Arcachon registry closed.
Post1954 Registered at Aberdeen A.51.
1963 Sold as scrap.