General Gordon H 844

Built 1905   Alexander Hall & Sons Ltd, Aberdeen    (Steel)
   
Yard No 417
   
Owner at New Pickering & Haldanes Steam Trawling Co Ltd, Hull.
   
ID no 121092
   
Launch Date 26.10.1905
   
Completed 11.1905
   
Gross Tons 267
   
Nett Tons 98
   
Engine 63 hp   T.3-cyl by Alexander Hall & Sons Ltd, Aberdeen
   
Length 130.6ft
   
Breadth 22.1ft
   
Depth 12ft
   
Owners  
24.11.1905 Registered at Hull H 844
24.11.1905 Christopher Pickering appointed manager.
28.02.1913 Owned by Frank Buckworth, Cork Co Cork Ireland.
15.04.1913 Owned by Buckworth & Mumby Ltd, Cork Co Cork Ireland.(John Mumby, Milford Haven manager )
15.04.1913 Mortgaged by Buckworth & Mumby Ltd Co Cork, Co Ireland (A).
15.04.1913 Mortgagee: Metropolitan Bank (of England & Wales) Ltd, London.
01.01.1914 Tonnage altered 267g/105.66n after re-measurement.
14.05.1915 Owned by Frank Buckworth & Co Ltd, Cork, Co Cork Ireland.
04.03.1916 Mortgage (A) discharged.
04.03.1916 Owned by John Stewart Boyle, Glasgow.
08.03.1916 John Stewart Boyle appointed managing owner.
03.1917 Requisitioned and converted to minesweeper (Ad.No.3331) based at Kirkwall Orkney.
1919 Returned to Owners
28.09.1920 Owned by Alexander Leitch, Chanak, Dardanelles, Turkey.
28.09.1920 Mortgaged by Alexander Leitch, Chanak Dardanelles Turkey (B).
28.09.1920 Mortgagee: Vincent Grech, London (B). 
29.09.1920 Alexander Leitch appointed manager.
08.05.1922 Hull registry closed (Except as relates to mortgage (B))”. 
1922 Registered at Piraeus Greece.
By 1927 Alexander Leitch registered office transferred to Athens Greece.
1929 Owned by E. Ionnides & Alexander Leitch, Piraeus Greece.
1929 Converted to dry cargo “For services in the Dardanelles” (260g/160n).
1929 Renamed "STRATIGOS GORDON"
1931 Owned by Compagnie Egyptienne de Navigation Le Dodecanese, Alexandria, Egypt
1931 Piraeus registry closed.
1931 Registered at Alexandria.
1931 Renamed "ELLEROS"
1931 Reverted back to fishing, re-measured (265g/ 106n).
24.07.1933 Returning to Alexandria, started to take in water, abandoned by crew and foundered some 40 miles from the port.  All crew picked up