As "Bervie Braes" A.883

Reproduced with acknowledgement to the Aberdeenbuiltships website

George Burton GW 38

Built 1917  Hall Russell & Co Ltd , Aberdeen  (Steel)
Yard No 623
Owner at New Admiralty    (Ad No.3633)
ID no 144281
Launch Date 08.12.1917
Completed 28.12.1917
Gross Tons 203
Nett Tons 78
Engine 75  hp      T.3-cyl by Hall Russell & Co Ltd , Aberdeen
Length 115.4ft
Breadth 22.1ft
Depth 12.1ft


05.1919 until 08.1919: On loan to U. S. Navy.
03.06.1920 Registered at London LO 366. 
11.1921 Sold to the Mercantile
11.1921 Owned by Glasgow owners
15.11.1921 London registry closed.
11.1921 Registered at Glasgow GW 33
1922 Owned by Miss Williamina Lewis, Aberdeen (Richard Watson Lewis manager)
04.1922 Glasgow registry closed.
13.04.1922 Registered at Aberdeen A.883
25.04.1922 Owned by Miss Williamina Lewis & William Gove, Aberdeen (Richard Watson Lewis manager).
14.07.1922 Renamed "BERVIE BRAES"
18.10.1924 Owned by Miss Williamina Lewis, Aberdeen (Richard Watson Lewis manager).
17.10.1932 Owned by William Alexander Leith, Aberdeen (owner/manager).
02.11.1937 Owned by John Walker, William Walker & Robert Allen Morrice, Aberdeen (John Walker manager).
26.11.1939 Requisitioned and converted to an Auxiliary Patrol vessel  (P.No FY 847) based at Plymouth.
03.1940 Converted to minesweeper.
01.02.1941 Stoker William James Graham Hunter died onboard.
1944 Converted to ESSO (Fuel Carrier).
10.1944 Returned to owners.
24.01.1951 Owned by W.J. Fishing Co Ltd, Aberdeen (John Walker manager).
09.09.1959 Owned by John Lewis & Sons Ltd, Aberdeen.
1959 Sold as scrap to UK ship breaker.
03.1960 Aberdeen registry closed.
                                                                           As H.M.T "Bervie Braes"
                                                                               Reproduced under IWM Non-Commercial Licence