Glamis Castle  GW 12

Built 1902  Mackie & Thomson Ltd,  Govan  (Steel)
   
Yard No 276
   
Owner at New John  Stewart  Boyle, Glasgow  (owner/manager)
   
ID no 115719
   
Launch Date 03.09.1902
   
Completed 1902
   
Gross Tons 203
   
Nett Tons 82
   
Engine 55 hp   T.3-cyl by W. V. V.  Lidgerwood & Co Ltd,  Glasgow
   
Length 115.4ft
   
Breadth 21.6ft
   
Depth 11.9ft
   
Owners  
20.10.1902 Registered at Glasgow GW 12
08.05.1911 At Lerwick Sheriff Court, Skipper Lewis White failed to answer a charge of illegally fishing within the limits off Fair Isle on 24th October 1910, trial continued for a month
06.06.1911 At Lerwick Sheriff Court, Skipper Lewis White fined 100 or sixty days imprisonment for the previous charge.
12.1914 Requisitioned and converted to minesweeper (Ad.No.482) based at Peterhead
1919 Returned to Owners
25.03.1924 Towed  250 miles home to Granton by S.T. "Companion"  GN 23 (Engines Failed)
24.01.1930 Fishing 150 miles NE from Buchan Ness sprung a leak, Skipper Jimmy Milligan headed for Aberdeen while the crew struggled to keep her afloat. She was moored at a shallow berth with
fire engines in attendance until she could be dry docked and the cause could be ascertained.
26.12.1930 Outward bound from Oban at 01.30hrs, stranded at Fiunary Point,Sound of Mull. The crew set fire to the nets to attract attention, crew lodged in the Fiunary School House, later refloated
1931 Presumed scrapped.