Crew of the "Glenogil" while in Aberdeen ownership

Reproduced with acknowledgement to Ian Stewart Aberdeen

Glenogil  GW 8

Built 1902  Mackie & Thomson Ltd, Govan  (Steel)
   
Yard No 274
   
Owner at New John Stewart  Boyle, Glasgow (owner/manager)
   
ID no 115716
   
Launch Date 03.09.1902
   
Completed 10.1902
   
Gross Tons 203
   
Nett Tons 82
   
Engine 55 hp      T.3-cyl by W. V. V. Lidgerwood & Co Ltd, Glasgow
   
Length 115.4ft
   
Breadth 21.6ft
   
Depth 11.9ft
 

 

Owners  
03.10.1902 Registered at Glasgow GW 8
Undated Fishing as a Long liner from Aberdeen
10.08.1911 Landed record line shot at Aberdeen, 30tons (just under 500 boxes) for 450.
08.09.1914 Rescued 600 crew from RMS "Oceanic" wrecked of Foula. Shetland.
08.1915 Requisitioned and converted to Boom Defence Vessel (Ad.No103) based at Swarback Minns, Shetland (anchorage for the 10th  cruiser squadron).
1919 Returned to Owners.
1919 Owned by Archibald Glen Brown, Granton Edinburgh (owner/manager)
1920 Owned by Alexander Aitken  Davidson, Thomas Davidson, William Wood Snr & William Wood Jnr, Aberdeen (Alexander Aitken Davidson manager). 
02.1920 Glasgow registry closed.
10.02.1920 Registered at Aberdeen A.282.
30.12.1927 Homeward bound from Longstone fishing grounds picked up crew of Granton S.T. "Ebor"  H 360 which had foundered6.5 miles ESE from the May Island Firth of Forth, and landed them at Leith.
14.11.1933 Owned by Alexander Aitken  Davidson, William Wood Snr & William Wood Jnr, Aberdeen (Alexander Aitken Davidson manager).  
24.01.1938 Owned by W.illiam Wood,  Aberdeen (owner/manager).
25.01.1941 Owned by Boston Deep Sea Fishing & Ice Co Ltd, Fleetwood  (Basil  Arthur Parkes manager).
15.04.1943 Aberdeen registry closed.
17.04.1943 Owned by Robert Alfred Colby Cubbin, Douglas Isle of Man (owner/manager).  
19.04.1943 Registered at Peel PL 59.
1953 Sold as scrap to BISCO (British Iron & Steel Co).
20.08.1953 Arrived at Preston.
08.1953 Scrapped by Thomas W. Ward & Co Ltd at Preston Lancs.
1953 Peel registry closed.