In the Eastern Harbour Granton

Reproduced with acknowledgement to Alistair McBeath Edinburgh

 Inchmickery  GN 29 

 

Built 1911  Alexander Hall & Sons Ltd,  Aberdeen as "Nellie Dodds"   (Steel)
   
Yard No 470
   
Owner at New W. H. & J. Dodds,  Aberdeen (owner/managers) 
   
ID no 127122
   
Launch Date 24.08.1911
   
Completed 09.1911
   
Gross Tons 220
   
Nett Tons 85
   
Engine 66 hp    T.3-cyl by Alexander Hall & Sons Ltd,  Aberdeen
   
Length 121.2ft
   
Breadth 22ft
   
Depth 12.8ft
   
Owners  
11.09.1911 Registered at North Shields SN 159.
11.1914 Requisitioned and converted to minesweeper (Ad No 426) and based at Harwich.
1919 Returned to Owners.
1919 Owned by Ebor Fishing Co Ltd, Middlesbrough (Charles W. Robinson manager) .
20.02.1919 North Shields registry closed,
1919 Renamed "EBOR ABBEY"
1919 Registered at Middlesbrough MH 111.
07.12.1922 Owned by William Ogilvy, Kirriemuir Forfar (owner/manager)
1922 Owned by Clova Fishing Co Ltd, Aberdeen  (William Ogilvy, Forfar manager)
1922 Middlesbrough registry closed.
07.12.1922 Registered at Aberdeen A.937
1927 Owned by North Star Steam Fishing Co Ltd,  Aberdeen  (John Alexander Harrow manager)
27.09.1935 Ran ashore on sands 2 miles north of Belhelvie Coastguard station. Five crewmen rescued by breeches buoy. Skipper J. Duthie and 3 crewmen remained onboard, refloated on next tide and steamed to Aberdeen.
01.1940 Requisitioned and converted to Armed Patrol Vessel (P No 4.157).
06.06.1942 Owned by J. Bennett (Wholesale) Ltd, London  (William Alfred Bennett, Grimsby manager)
1946 Returned to Owners
17.02.1947 Owned by Inch Fishing Co Ltd, Granton Edinburgh
12.03.1947 Aberdeen registry closed.
03.1947 Renamed "INCHMICKERY"
03.1947 Registered at Granton  GN 29
09.02.1948 Towed by S.T. "Inchture" GN 44 (Skipper Norman Lyle),  200 miles to Aberdeen through severe gale. Boiler trouble, Skipper Frank Steele, Newhaven Edinburgh sent out an SOS , drifted for three days before being taken in tow. No fresh water crew melting ice for drinking water.
05.1954 Sold as scrap to BISCO (British Iron & Steel Co) for 1300.
01.06.1954 Arrived at Charlestown, Fife
 01.06.1954 Scrapped by Ship Breaking Industries Ltd at Charlestown, Fife