Inverneill as A 474

Reproduced with acknowledgement to John Stevenson

Inverneill  GN 69

Built 1917   Hall Russell & Co Ltd,  Aberdeen as "Samuel Barkas"  (Steel)
   
Yard No 618
   
Owner at New Admiralty      (Ad.No.3628)
   
ID no 143910
   
Launch Date 13.09.1917
   
Completed 26.10.1917
   
Gross Tons 216
   
Nett Tons 93
   
Engine 57 hp   T.3-cyl by Hall Russell & Co Ltd, Aberdeen
   
Length 115.4ft
   
Breadth 22.1ft
   
Depth 12.1ft
 

 

Owners  
1919 Registered at London LO
01.1920 Sold to the Mercantile
30.01.1920 Owned by Alfred Rainbow, William Rainbow, Harry Eastoe Rees & Frank Berry Rees, Swansea (Alfred Rainbow manager).
01.1920 London registry closed.
30.01.1920 Registered at Milford Haven M 84
16.03.1920 Owned by Rainbow Steam Fishing Co Ltd,  Milford Haven   (Harry Eastoe Rees manager )
11.1925 Owned by David  Dryburgh, Granton Edinburgh  (Robert Bell Jnr manager)
06.07.1926 Milford registry closed
07.1926 Renamed "INVERNEILL"
07.1926 Registered at Granton GN 69  
27.02.1928 Ran ashore in dense fog near Dunbar East Scotland. Refloated with the assistance  of Leith Tug "Earl of Powis" 
Pre1935 Planet Fishing Co Ltd appointed  managers
1936 Owned by Robert Baxter,  Aberdeen  (owner/manager)
05.1938 Granton registry closed.
20.05.1938 Registered at Aberdeen A.474
28.03.1939 Attacked in North Sea by German aircraft, Some slight damage to ship. John Carsey mate was wounded.
26.12.1940 Owned by Bunch Steam Fishing Co Ltd,  Grimsby  (Herbert George Crampin, manager)   ( Directed to Fleetwood under wartime control)
11.12.1948 Owned by Camperdown Fishing Co Ltd, Aberdeen   (John Walker manager)
1952 Transferred to Fleetwood
195? Transferred back to Aberdeen
11.1956 Sold as scrap to BISCO (British Iron & Steel Co) for 3850.
29.11.1956 Arrived at Charlestown, Fife
12.1956 Scrapped by Shipbreaking Industries Ltd at Charlestown, Fife 
28.06.1957 Aberdeen registry closed.