As Glenburn A 459

 Reproduced with acknowledgement to the Shetland Museum & Archives

          James Aldridge  GW 40                      

Built 1917       John Duthie Torry Shipbuilding Co Ltd, Aberdeen  (Steel)
Yard No 429
Owner at New Admiralty      (Ad No 3614)
ID no 144325
Launch Date 10.04.1917
Completed 15.05.1917
Gross Tons 221
Nett Tons 89
Engine 57 hp   T.3-cyl by James  Abernethy & Co Ltd, Aberdeen
Length 115.6ft
Breadth 22.1ft
Depth 12ft
24.08.1920 Registered at London LO 417.
1921 Sold to the Mercantile.
1921 Owned by Brand & Curzon Ltd,  Milford  Haven (Edward Brand & Charles Curzon managers).
02.1928 Owned by John Stewart Boyle,  Glasgow  (owner/manager).
28.03.1928 London registry closed.
03.1928 Registered at Glasgow GW 40.
1932 Owned by W. A. Mackie, Aberdeen (owner/manager).
1934 Owned by Bracken Steam Trawling Co Ltd, Aberdeen  (William Alexander Leith, manager).
23.04.1935 Collided with Peterhead steam drifter "Green Pastures" PD 39 off the Buchan Coast causing considerable damage to drifters bows.
1937 Owned by Iver Fishing Co Ltd, Aberdeen  (John Walker manager).
11.1937 Glasgow registry closed.
12.11.1937 Registered at Aberdeen A.459. 
09.12.1937 Renamed  "SYLVERDYKE".
11.1939 Requisitioned as Auxiliary Patrol Vessel.
01.1940 Returned to Owners.
14.11.1941 Owned by Iver Fishing Co Ltd, Aberdeen  (John Walker manager)
25.04.1947 Owned by Iona Fishing Co Ltd, Aberdeen.
06.11.1950 Owned by Joseph Craig & John Slater, Aberdeen.
20.04.1951 Renamed  "GLENBURN".
1958 Sold as scrap to German ship breakers.
05.1958 Scrapped at Hamburg Germany.
  Appears to be ashore ?  Unknown