As A.560 working out of Scarborough

© Reproduced with acknowledgement to Mick Watchman Scarborough

              Kernevel  GN 35                   

Built 1906  Hall  Russell  & Co Ltd,  Aberdeen  as "Ker-Nevel"   (Steel)
Yard No 413
Owner at New Soc Anon Des Chalutiers de l'Quest, St Nazaire France
ID no 145005
Launch Date 18.10.1906
Completed 1906
Gross Tons 172
Nett Tons 65
Engine 57 hp    T.3-cyl by Hall  Russell  & Co Ltd,  Aberdeen
Length 112.3ft
Breadth 21.6ft
Depth 11.6ft
1906 Registered at Lorient L 754.
18.05.1914 Requisitioned by the Marine Nationale (French Navy).
Post 1917 Owned by Dieppe owners
31.01.1919 Returned to Owners.
1925 Owned by George F. Liston, Granton Edinburgh (owner/manager)
Undated Renamed/altered to “KERNEVEL”
05.1925 Lorient registry closed.
25.05.1925 Registered at Granton GN 35
1930 Owned by Wear Steam  Fishing Co Ltd, Sunderland  (James Hall manager)
1931 Granton registry closed
1931 Registered at Sunderland SD 36
1931 New boiler fitted
1935 Owned by Sunderland Ice Co. Ltd, Sunderland   (Charles Hall manager)
1939 Owned by John Charles Llewellin.  Joseph Leslie Yolland, John Yolland Jnr, Milford  Haven &  Thomas Stewart Yolland, Swansea  (John Charles Llewellin  manager).
1940 Sunderland registry closed.
01.03.1940 Registered at Milford Haven M 62
12.08.1940 Attacked and damaged by German aircraft 6 miles NW of Smalls Lighthouse (Skipper J. Cheyney).
10.01.1941 Owned by Boston Deep Sea Fishing & Ice Co Ltd,  Fleetwood   (Fred Parkes manager )
02.02.1943 Owned by Peter Alexander Johnstone,  Aberdeen (owner/manager)
12.02.1943 Milford registry closed.
15.02.1943 Registered at Aberdeen  A.560
10.04.1944 Requisitioned  and converted to an ESSO (Fuel carrier). 
1944 Assigned to Operation Neptune - Normandy landings
08.05.1944 Part of Group B1. Sailed Bracklesham Bay for Mulberry A
09.05.1944 Arrived Mulberry A.
03.07.1944 Operation Neptune ended.
07.11.1944 Returned to Owners
06.11.1952 Owned by Scarborough Pure Ice & Cold Storage Co. Ltd, Scarborough (J. Johnson manager).
1956 Sold as scrap.
1956 Scrapped by Thomas W. Ward Ltd at Castle Pill Milford Haven.
04.05.1956 Aberdeen registry closed.