Kingfisher GN 1

Built 1886      J. Knox & Co Ltd, Sunderland  (Iron)
   
Yard No 9
   
Owner at New Unknown owners for service in the Irish deep sea fisheries, was specially designed as a fish dispatch vessel and screw tug
   
ID no 90329
   
Launch Date 30.12.1885
   
Completed 1886
   
Gross Tons 139
   
Nett Tons 39
   
Engine 67 hp    C.2-cyl by W. Doxford & Sons, Sunderland
   
Length 103ft
   
Breadth 19.3ft
   
Depth 10.1ft
 

 

Owners  
20.02.1886 Registered at Sunderland.
Pre1888 Owned by Thomas Willcock, Manchester, fishing from Scarborough & Aberdeen
30.04.1888 Ran ashore at Rattray Head Aberdeenshire, all crew rescued.
05.05.1888 Refloated with the help of a tug and taken to Aberdeen
25.11.1889 Rescued the ship "Carmen" (Rotterdam to Newcastle) towing her into the Tyne.
24.03.1890 Awarded 900 salvage for the above rescue by the Court of the Admiralty.
18.12.1893 Awarded 700 salvage money for services rendered to S.S. "Countess" of Sunderland on 11th November.
1894 Owned by William Gunn & Co, Granton Edinburgh
1896 Sunderland registry closed.
1896 Registered at Granton GN 1.
18.08.1898 Rammed the S.T. "Mount Blanc" GN 51 while she was landing fish on the Middle Pier Granton, "Mount Blanc" later beached for inspection and repair to her badly damaged starboard side amidships.
28.12.1898 Arrived at Granton and reported damage to her quarter deck & her small boat during the recent storm.
03.11.1909 Wrecked 2.5 miles SE from Barns Ness, East Lothian. Skipper Edward  Hayward & seven crew rescued.