Reproduced with acknowledgement to Jean Bell, Mary Bell, Margaret McDonald and Margaret Wallace.

Laura Paton  GW 13

Built 1930  Alexander Hall & Sons Ltd,  Aberdeen as "Robert Stroud"     (Steel)
   
Yard No 626
   
Owner at New Stroud's Steam Fishing Co Ltd,  Aberdeen    (Horace E. Stroud manager)
   
ID no 162272
   
Launch Date 11.06.1930
   
Completed 06.1930
   
Gross Tons 219
   
Nett Tons 96
   
Engine 77 hp   T.3-cyl by Alexander Hall & Sons Ltd,  Aberdeen
   
Length 117.3ft
   
Breadth 22.6ft
   
Depth 12.1ft
   
Owners  
28.06.1930 Registered at Aberdeen A.123
08.1939 Requisitioned and converted to minesweeper
30.09.1942 Owned by Ardrossan Trawling Co Ltd,  Glasgow  (Walter K. Paton Ltd managers)
04.1946 Returned  to Owners
1946 Aberdeen registry closed
1946 Renamed "LAURA PATON"
1946 Registered at Glasgow  GW 13
26.02.1949 Rescued five crew from Norwegian Ship "Trappes" 70 miles East of Kinnaird's Head. Captain & Mate stayed onboard the "Trappes". Crew landed at Granton. Skipper F. Alexander later received a silver cup from King Haakon of Norway in appreciation regarding the "Trappes" rescue.
15.04.1957 Skipper James Rutherford died from a heat attack only minutes before reaching the harbour, Mate Thomas Fairbairn administered medical aid but to no avail
07.1960 Sold as scrap to BISCO (British Iron & Steel Co).
17.07.1960 Scrapped by Malcolm Brechin at Granton Edinburgh. 
   
  (C) Scotsman Newspapers
Iver R. S. Salvesen, Consul-General of Norway presents Skipper Frank W. Alexander with the silver cup gifted by King Haakon of Norway, Vice Admiral Sir Ernest Archer looking on.