From a painting by Andrew S. Hall

Reproduced with acknowledgement to National Maritime Museum, Greenwich, London

 

Madden  GN 101

Built 1917      Hall Russell & Co Ltd,  Aberdeen as "William Browning"  (Steel)
   
Yard No 608
   
Owner at New Admiralty  (Ad.No.3648)
   
ID no 143912
   
Launch Date 17.05.1917
   
Completed 29.06.1917 fitted with hydrophones
   
Gross Tons 237
   
Nett Tons 102
   
Engine 57 hp   T.3-cyl by  Hall Russell & Co Ltd,  Aberdeen
   
Length 122.8ft
   
Breadth 22.2ft
   
Depth 12.4ft
 

 

Owners  
1919 Sold to the Mercantile.
1919 Owned by Vanessa Fishing Co Ltd,  London (Leonard C. Cockrell manager).
09.01.1920 Registered at London LO 251.
12.02.1920 Renamed "MADDEN".
1920 Edward D. W. Lawford appointed manager.
1920 Owned by Iago Steam Trawling Co Ltd,   Milford Haven (Edward D. W. Lawford manager).
1926 Owned by Thomas L. Devlin & Sons,  Granton Edinburgh (Thomas L. Devlin Jnr manager).
18.12.1926 London registry closed.
19.12.1926 Registered at Granton  GN 101.
02.1940 Requisitioned and converted to minesweeper (P.No.FY.784) attached to the 15th Minesweeping group.
1942  Owned by Thomas L. Devlin & Sons Ltd, Granton Edinburgh.
03.1944 Deployed as a Wreck Dispersal Vessel.
04.1946 Returned to Owners.
1961 Sold as scrap to BISCO (British Iron & Steel Co).
20.12.1961 Scrapped by Malcolm Brechin at Granton Edinburgh. 
   
 
In Granton
 
 

Reproduced with acknowledgement to Walter L Hume Isle of Wight

   
                                                          
    Reproduced with acknowledegment to the Shetland Museum & Archives
    Reproduced with acknowledegment to the Shetland Museum & Archives