At Leith Docks

Reproduced with acknowledgement to Captain Walter Lyle Hume Isle of Wight

Mary Croan LH 99

Built 1916    Cook, Welton & Gemmell Ltd,  Beverley as "Lapageria" (Steel)
   
Yard No 341
   
Owner at New Dawson  Robinson, Grimsby  (William Grant manager)
   
ID no 139919
   
Launch Date 08.02.1916
   
Completed 10.1916
 
Gross Tons 274
   
Nett Tons 120
   
Engine 79 hp     T.3-cyl by Charles D. Holmes & Co Ltd, Hull
   
Length 125.3ft
   
Breadth 22.8ft
 
Depth 12.2ft
 

 

Owners  
08.10.1916 Registered at Grimsby  GY 980.
10.1916 Requisitioned and converted to minesweeper (Ad.No.3311) based at Swansea.
1919 Returned to Owners.
15.02.1924 Owned by Harry Robinson, Grimsby (owner/manager).
07.05.1929 Owned by Fred Dawson Robinson, Grimsby (owner/manager).
09.1940 Requisitioned as Auxiliary Patrol Vessel.
13.08.1942 Converted to an ESSO (Fuel carrier) (P.No.4.315).
05.02.1946 Returned to Owners
06.12.1947 Skipper Wilfred King took ill outward bound for the fishing grounds, taken to hospital in Thurso  were he later died.
26.04.1951 Owned by Joseph Croan , Newhaven, Edinburgh (Joe Croan owner/manager).
07.1951 Grimsby registry closed.
07.1951 Renamed  "MARY CROAN".
07.1951 Registered at Leith LH 99.
1957 Sold as scrap to BISCO (British Iron & Steel Co).
25.09.1957 Scrapped by Malcolm Brechin at Granton Edinburgh.