As "Fort James" A 818 in Lerwick

 Reproduced with acknowledgement to the Shetland Museum & Archives

                Mary  Wetherly  GN 3                   

Built 1907   Hall  Russell  & Co Ltd, Aberdeen  (Steel)
Yard No 434
Owner at New Wetherly's Steam Fishing Co Ltd,  Aberdeen                (William R. Wetherly  manager)
ID no 123388
Launch Date 13.08.1907
Completed 09.1907
Gross Tons 221
Nett Tons 83
Engine 76 hp   T.3.cyl by Hall  Russell & Co Ltd,  Aberdeen
Length 115.5ft
Breadth 22.6ft
Depth 12.1ft
06.09.1907 Registered at Aberdeen A.159
01.01.1914 Tonnage altered 221g/80.7n after re-measurement
04.1915 Requisitioned and converted to minesweeper (Ad.No.1345) based at Malta
1919 Returned to Owners
25.01.1919 Owned by James Alexander McGlashan, Granton Edinburgh (owner/manager).
06.02.1919 Owned by James Johnston, Newhaven Edinburgh (owner/manager)
06.02.1919 Aberdeen registry closed.
14.02.1919 Registered at Granton GN 3
26.01.1920 Owned by Maurice Wilkins, Manchester (Joseph A. Taylor  Fleetwood  manager)
1921 Transferred to Aberdeen  ( Sam Isaacs (Aberdeen) Ltd managers) on charter to Bookless Brothers, Aberdeen to operate from Hafnarfjordur, Iceland, in Cod salting operation.
20.12.1921 Granton registry closed.
22.12.1921 Owned by Andrew Lewis, Aberdeen (owner/manager)
22.12.1921 Registered at Aberdeen A.818.
12.08.1922 Renamed "FORT JAMES "
09.07.1930 Owned by Crater Steam Fishing Co Ltd,  North Shields (Joseph D.  Irvin  manager)
1937 Sold as scrap to UK ship breaker.
07.05.1937 Aberdeen registry closed.