May Queen  LH 356

Built  1903        John Scott & Co Ltd , Kinghorn Fife (Steel)
Yard No 117
Owner at New  Alexander Kay, Leith Edinburgh
ID no 118694
Launch Date 19.12.1903
Completed 12.1903


Gross Tons 216
Nett Tons 53
Engine 82 hp T.3-cyl by John Scott & Co Ltd, Kinghorn Fife
Length 115ft
Breadth 23.1ft
Depth 12ft
11.01.1904 Registered at Leith LH 356
25.02.1906 Skipper James Ramsay at Cupar Sheriff Court fined £20 or 21 days imprisonment for fishing inside the legal limit at May Island Firth of Forth on 26th Feb 1906.
12.1909 Leith registry closed.
12.1909 Owned by Cia Arrendataria de Tabacos Cadiz, Spain used as an anti smuggling patrol vessel.
12.1909 Renamed “11” or possibly “ II”
01.1910 Vessel converted into a Patrol Vessel by John Cran & Co, Leith Edinburgh, Electric lighting fitted throughout by Stewart & Bucher, Edinburgh.
29.01.1910 Sailed Leith for Spain
1914 Requisitioned by the Spanish Government.
1918 Returned to Owners
1928 Owned by Pesquerias Corunesas S. A. La Coruna Spain (Louis Lamigueiro manager).
1931 Owned by Perez Alejo y Cia Ltd, Coruna Spain.
1932 Renamed “ARGOS”, based in the port Corunes of Corcubion on the Coast of the Death, NW Spain (converted to a salvage vessel).
10.08.1936 Requisitioned as a patrol boat by Basa Naval Principal de Ferrol (Spanish Nationalist Navy) (Spanish Civil War).
01.09.1936 Involved in a gun battle with a Republican submarine (C-6).
1941 Owned by Armadores de Buques Pesqueros, La Coruna Spain (450,000 pesetas) hired to Spanish Navy.
30.04.1944 Owned by the Spanish Navy/ Government (1,010,828 pesetas).
31.05.1944  Renamed “RA 2”.
1946 Owned by Armadores de Buques Pesqueros, La Coruna Spain.
1947 Laid up at La Coruna.
1950 Scrapped in Spain.
20.03.1954 Renamed “RA 3”
14.06.1960 Disarmed in Cartagena removed from Naval list.