Merleton  GN 97                      

Built 1915   Hall  Russell  & Co Ltd,  Aberdeen as "Star of Peace"   (Steel)
   
Yard No 573
   
Owner at New Walker Steam Trawl Fishing Co Ltd, Aberdeen (Andrew Walker manager)
   
ID no 137178
   
Launch Date 21.09.1915
   
Completed 10.1915
 
Gross Tons 220
   
Nett Tons 98
   
Engine 82 hp   T.3-cyl by  Hall  Russell  & Co Ltd,  Aberdeen
   
Length 120.5ft
   
Breadth 22.5ft
 
Depth 12.1ft
 

 

Owners  
19.10.1915 Registered at Aberdeen A.481
11.1915 Requisitioned and converted to minesweeper (Ad.No.1952) based at Stromness, Orkney.
1919 Returned to owners
1922 Owned by Belgian owners
26.10.1922 Aberdeen registry closed.
1922 Renamed "NOORDZEE II"
1923 Owned by Archibald Glen Brown, Granton Edinburgh (owner/manager)
12.06.1923 Renamed "MERLETON"
12.06.1923 Registered at Granton  GN 97
30.04.1927 Homeward bound from Iceland, ran aground near Findhorn Moray Firth, towed off  by Aberdeen tug " Iceaxe" Steamed to Aberdeen and landed 400 boxes of fish for 500.
29.11.1932 William Robertson (24) Trimmer washed overboard in heavy seas 146 miles NE x E from Girdleness.
1934 Owned by Wilson Buchan, Aberdeen (owner/manager)
05.1934 Granton registry closed.
25.05.1934 Registered at Aberdeen A.55
21.06.1934 Renamed "MARY BUCHAN"
1936 Owned by Thomas Walker,   Aberdeen
15.09.1938 Renamed "STAR OF DEVERON"
11.1939 Requisitioned as an Auxiliary Patrol Vessel
05.1940 Converted to minesweeper
30.09.1941 Bombed and sunk by German aircraft off North Shields. Beached on the Herd Sands
20.10.1941 Handed to the ship breakers and cut into three sections. The remains of this vessel are on the north side of the South Pier at the entrance to the Tyne
27.10.1942 Aberdeen registry closed.