Merlin LH 1054 

Built 1866    T & W Smith, North Shields as "Blue Bonnet"  (Wood)
   
Yard No 11
   
Owner at New T. Spence & Others, North Shields
   
ID no 53446
   
Launch Date 1866
Completed 1866
   
Gross Tons 72
   
Nett Tons 8
   
Engine 35 hp  Side Lever L.1-cyl
   
Length 81.4ft
   
Breadth 17.3ft
 

 

Depth 9.5ft
 

 

Owners  
1870 Owned by D. R. MacGregor & J. Galloway, Leith Edinburgh
Undated Owned by a Mr Nelson, Elie Fifeshire    (Vessel known locally as the "New Blue Bonnet")
1872 Owned by a Mr Nelson, Elie Fifeshire & Capt John Galloway, Leith (Vessel used for pleasure excursions)
1872 Owned by Mackie & Nelson, Elie Fifeshire.
1873 Owned by Mackie & Sneddon, Elie Fifeshire.
1873 Owned by Mackie & Salvesen, Leith Edinburgh
1873 Owned by Beveridge & Kennedy, Alloa Clackmannanshire
1873 Owned by Walter Beveridge, Alloa Clackmannanshire
Undated Registered at Leith LH 99 ?
Undated Converted to Beam Trawler 
1883 Owned by Scottish Steam Fishing & Shipping Co  Ltd  Edinburgh.
1884 Chartered by the Army & Navy as an observation vessel for the test bombardment of the new Inchkeith fortifications.
1884 Renamed "MERLIN"
1884 Registered at Leith LH 1054
28.11.1884 Wrecked by fire 5 miles WSW of May Island, Firth of Forth, Skipper G. Mitchell & 4 crewmen rescued..