Mount Blanc GN 51

Built 1898    Cumming & Ellis,  Inverkeithing Fifeshire (Steel)
   
Yard No 27
   
Owner at New Muirheads Trawlers Ltd, Edinburgh (James Muirhead  manager). 
   
ID no 108584
   
Launch Date 23.03.98
 
Completed 06.1898
 
Gross Tons 178
   
Nett Tons 68
   
Engine 56 hp   T.3-cyl by MacColl & Pollock Ltd, Sunderland
   
Length 108.9ft
   
Breadth 21.1ft
 
Depth 10.4ft
   
Owners  
1898 Registered at Granton GN 51
18.08.1898 Rammed amidships by S.T. "King Fisher" GN 1 while landing fish on the Middle Pier Granton, later beached for inspection and repair to her badly damaged starboard side..
28.12.1898 Arrived at Granton and reported the loss of her small boat, damage to her sails and stays during the recent storm.
23.08.1899 Landed the carcass of a curious sea monster caught in the trawl 16 miles east of the May Island Firth of Forth, the carcass was taken to Mr Muirhead at the Edinburgh museum.
03.02.1900 Towed the S.T. "Mount Viso" GN 56 to Granton after she had run ashore on the west side of May Island Firth of Forth. 
16.10.1900 Skipper William Jarvie at Cupar Sheriff court fined 40 or 40 days imprisonment for fishing inside the legal limit at May Island Firth of Forth on 13th Sept 1900
18.09.1902 At Cupar Sheriff Court, Skipper Angus Ross, Leith fined 40, fishing forfeited or 21 days imprisonment for fishing inside the three mile limit near the May Island Firth of Forth on 11th August.
Pre1904 William G. Muirhead appointed manager
1904 Muirheads Trawlers Ltd goes into Liquidation.
03.05.1904 Owned by Joseph Constant (Shipbroker) London
1905 Owned by Newhaven Trawlers Ltd, Edinburgh (Edward Walker manager)
25.01.1905 Renamed "ACTIVE"
1910 Owned by Italian owners.
1910 Renamed "SAN ROMOLO"