Ashore in 1933

© Reproduced with acknowledgement to W Beedie Scotland

North Queen  GN 51

Built 1906   Hall Russell  & Co Ltd,  Aberdeen (Steel)
Yard No 404
Owner at New North Line Steam Fishing Co Ltd,  Aberdeen   (William Pyper manager)
ID no 123358
Launch Date 24.05.1906
Completed 07.1906
Gross Tons 195
Nett Tons 73
Engine 73 hp    T.3-cyl by Hall, Russell & Co Ltd, Aberdeen
Length 115.4ft
Breadth 21.6ft
Depth 11.6ft
04.07.1906 Registered at Aberdeen A.78
Pre1910 John A. Harrow appointed manager.
29.12.1913 Owned by Edward Walker, Newhaven Edinburgh (owner/manager)
01.01.1914 Tonnage altered 195g/74.9n after re-measurement.
11.1914 Requisitioned and converted to an Armed Trawler (Ad.No.681) based at Dover.
11.07.1918 Salvaged barge “Mocking Bird”.
1919 Returned to Owners
30.12.1919 Owned by Walkers Trawlers (Newhaven) Ltd, Newhaven Edinburgh (Edward  J.  Walker manager)
06.05.1920 Aberdeen registry closed.
08.05.1920 Registered at Granton GN 51
19.04.1922 Owned by Edward  J. Walker,  Newhaven Edinburgh (owner/ manager)
04.12.1923 Walkers Trawlers (Newhaven) Ltd, Newhaven Edinburgh dissolved
19.01.1926 Collided with S.T. "Cramond Island" LH 114 off Aberdeen, placed on pontoon in Aberdeen to have hole in bows repaired.
Pre 1930 Owned by George Brown, Leith Edinburgh (owner/manager)
1932 Owned by Mrs Christina W. Brown, Leith Edinburgh (George Brown, manager).
28.02.1933 Stranded at Whitelink Bay Inverallochy Aberdeenshire homeward bound from Iceland all crew rescued by life saving apparatus.
09.1933 Re floated and sold by Underwriters to Fraserburgh Ship Repairing Co Ltd.
29.01.1934 Board of Trade Shield for the most meritorious wreck service was awarded to the Cairnbulg, Rattray and Fraserburgh Life Saving brigades for the rescue of the crew.
1934 Owned by Alexander  A. Davidson,  Aberdeen  (owner/manager)   
11.1934 Granton registry closed.
09.11.1934 Renamed "FINTRAY"
09.11.1934 Registered at Aberdeen A.135
20.02.1940 Requisitioned as an Auxiliary Patrol Vessel (Hire rate £48.15s.0d/month)
08.1940 Converted to minesweeper (P.No.FY.253)
16.09.1942 Owned by Northern Trawlers Ltd, London (Willam Alfred Bennett Grimsby manager) 
08.01.1945 Returned to Owners
01.1945 H. Markham Cook appointed manager) 
25.11.1946 Aberdeen registry closed
11.1946 Registered at Grimsby GY 408
08.1948 Owned by H. Markham Cook,  Grimsby
11.1948 Owned by J. Parker, Grimsby
03.1949 Owned by Grange Fishing Co Ltd, Fleetwood   (Hazael Fishing Co Ltd managers)
1952 Sold as scrap to BISCO (British Iron & Steel Co).
03.1952 Scrapped  by Thomas W. Ward at Preston Lancs
12.1952 Grimsby registry closed.