At Milford Haven

Reproduced with acknowledgement to John Stevenson & Milford Trawler website

Ocean Brine LH 78

Built 1915    Hawthorns & Co Ltd,  Leith Edinburgh as "Linn O' Dee"  (Steel)
   
Yard No 144
   
Owner at New Standard Fishing Co of Aberdeen Ltd, Aberdeen   (James Glennie Adams manager)
   
ID no 137181
   
Launch Date 29.06.1915
   
Completed 11.1915
 
Gross Tons 227
   
Nett Tons 98
   
Engine 82 hp    T.3-cyl by Hawthorns & Co Ltd, Leith Edinburgh
   
Length 117.2ft
   
Breadth 22.1ft
 
Depth 12.5ft
Owners  
17.11.1915 Registered at Aberdeen A.338
11.1915 Requisitioned from the builders and converted to minesweeper (Ad No 513) and based at Granton.
25.04.1916 Tonnage altered 227g/97.78n after re-measurement.
1919 Returned to Owners
17.10.1925 Owned by Robert Flockhart, Newhaven Edinburgh (Alexander Flockhart manager)
24.08.1929 Owned by John Flockhart, Newhaven Edinburgh (Alexander Flockhart manager)
15.02.1935 Aberdeen registry closed
05.03.1935 Renamed "OCEAN BRINE"
05.03.1935 Registered at Leith LH 78.
Pre1939 Carnie & Gibb appointed managers.
25.11.1939 Requisitioned and converted to a Boom Defence Vessel (Hire rate 62.8s.6d/month)
07.01.1940 Owned by Boston Deep Sea Fishing & Ice Company Ltd Fleetwood (Fred Parkes manager).
09.03.1940 Owned by William Carnie Jnr, Thomas Y. Carnie & Liston Carnie, Newhaven Edinburgh (William Carnie Jnr Glasgow manager).
03.1941 Converted to an Auxiliary Patrol Vessel (P. No 4.364) (Hire rate 62.8s.6d/month).
29.12.1944 Returned to Owners
10.08.1945 Narrowly escaped damage when stuck by mine which exploded after contact while fishing in the Minch.
1945 Owned by Lewis Wilcox  Co Ltd, Milford Haven
08.1952 Owned by Colin H. Brand, Blackpool.
1955 Sold as scrap to BISCO (British Iron & Steel Co).
02.1955 Scrapped by Thomas W. Ward Ltd at Castle Pill, Pembrokeshire.
01.1956 Scrapping commenced