In Lerwick Harbour

© © Reproduced with acknowledgement to the Shetland Museum & Archives

 Ocean View  LH 63

Built 1930    Alexander  Hall & Sons Ltd,   Aberdeen as "Melgum" (Steel)
Yard No 625
Owner at New Richard W. Lewis,  Aberdeen  (owner/manager)
ID no 148977
Launch Date 01.04.1930
Completed 05.1930
Gross Tons 248
Nett Tons 106
Engine 64 hp     T.3-cyl  by  R. W. Lewis & Sons, Aberdeen
Length 125ft
Breadth 22.5ft
Depth 12.5ft
30.04.1930 Registered at Aberdeen A.108
1931 Owned by North Eastern Fisheries Ltd, Aberdeen (Sir Andrew Lewis manager)
1935 Alexander Flockhart, Newhaven Edinburgh (owner/manager)
11.01.1935 Aberdeen registry closed.
01.1935 Renamed “OCEAN VIEW”.
01.1935 Registered at Leith LH 63
Pre1939 Carnie & Gibb appointed managers.
1939 Owned by Boston Deep Sea Fishing & Ice Company Ltd, Fleetwood (Basil A. Parkes manager).
12.12.1939 Attacked by German aircraft gunfire, no casualties.
02.1940 Requisitioned and converted to minesweeper (P.No.FY.863) attached to the 28th minesweeping group (Hire rate £62.8s.6d/month).
1940 Owned by Carnie & Gibb, Newhaven Edinburgh   (William Carnie Jnr , manager)
1945 Owned by Ocean Fishing Co Ltd, Newhaven Edinburgh (Alexander Flockhart, William Flockhart, John Bowman Anderson & George Inglis Ward) (George Inglis Ward manager).
29.12.1945 Returned to Owners
06.06.1955 Owned by Ocean Fishing Co Ltd, Newhaven Edinburgh (George Inglis Ward owner/manager) (Three owners retire).
1960 Sold as scrap to BISCO (British Iron & Steel Co)
15.04.1960 Arrived at St David's
04.1960 Scrapped by James A. White at St David's on Forth

In Leith Harbour

© Reproduced with acknowledgement to Ian Murray Edinburgh

From a painting by A.S. Hall (post 1940)