Leaving Granton Harbour

Reproduced with acknowledgement to Captain Walter Lyle  Hume Isle of Wight

Onetos  GN 1

Built 1913   John Duthie Torry Shipbuilding Co Ltd, Aberdeen
Yard No 395
Owner at New National Steam Fishing Co (Aberdeen) Ltd,  Aberdeen  (William R. George manager)
ID no 133639
Launch Date 01.11.1913
Completed 12.1913
Gross Tons 217
Nett Tons 79
Engine 70 hp   T.3-cyl by W. V. V. Lidgerwood & Co Ltd,  Glasgow
Length 115ft
Breadth 22.6ft
Depth 13.6ft
02.12.1913 Registered at Aberdeen  A.592
08.1914 Requisitioned and converted to minesweeper (Ad No.283) based at Lowestoft.
Pre1917 James Scott Jnr appointed manager.
21.04.1918 Owned by Tucker, Tippet & Co Ltd, Cardiff  (James C. Tippet manager) (fishing from Aberdeen).
1919 Returned to Owners
1920 Owned by Tippet & Schock  Ltd, Cardiff (H.arry Eastoe Rees, Milford Haven manager)
1923 Owned by James C. Tippet, Cardiff (owner/manager)
1927 Owned by Andrew L. Banyard,  Newhaven Edinburgh (Skipper/owner/manager)
1933 Owned by Alexander Carnie, Granton  Edinburgh (owner/manager)
16.02.1934 Aberdeen registry closed.
02.1934 Registered at Granton GN 1
1935 Owned by Carnie & Gibb, Granton  (William Carnie Jnr manager)
11.1939 Requisitioned and converted to an Auxiliary Patrol Vessel.
06.1940 Converted to a minesweeper (P.No. FY.761).
1942 Owned by Stephen Fishing Co Ltd,  Aberdeen  (John N. Stephen manager)
04.1944 Converted to a Wreck Dispersal Vessel.
01.1946 Returned to Owners
1946 Granton registry closed.
15.06.1946 Registered at Aberdeen  A.119
04.07.1958 Owned by Seafield Fishing Co Ltd, Aberdeen (John A. Lewis manager)
1960 Sold as scrap to BISCO (British Iron & Steel Co)
1960 Scrapped by G & W. Brunton at Grangemouth
  As A 119
  John Stevenson Collection