River Eye    LH 73

Built 1918  Alexander Hall & Sons, Aberdeen as "Sandstorm"  (Steel)
Yard No 544
Owner at New Admiralty     (Ad No.3907)
ID no 139821
Launch Date 1918
Completed 31.05.1918
Gross Tons 96
Nett Tons 35
Engine 42 hp  T.3-cyl by  Alexander Hall & Sons, Aberdeen
Length 86.2ft
Breadth 18.4ft
Depth 9.6ft
12.07.1920 Handed over to Fishery Board of Scotland for disposal to the Mercantile.
04.11.1920 Renamed "GLENBRECK".
04.11.1920 Registered at Aberdeen A.381.
09.08.1921 Owned by Thomas Gilmour, Aberdeen
03.09.1923 Owned by the Admiralty.
03.09.1923 Aberdeen registry closed.
16.10.1923 Registry re-opened, Owned by Thomas Thorburn Irvin, Aberdeen (owner/manager)
1924 Owned by J & D. Dougal, Eyemouth Berwickshire
26.02.1924 Aberdeen registry closed.
02.1924 Renamed "RIVER EYE"
02.1924 Registered at Berwick BK 3
1926 Owned by John Dougal, Eyemouth Berwickshire (owner/manager)
1926 Renamed "OLDEN TIMES"
12.1929 Owned by George Hitcham Catchpole, Lowestoft (owner/manager).
12.1929 Berwick registry closed.
20.12.1929 Registered at Lowestoft LT 127.
31.03.1930 Renamed “SEASONS GIFT
14.02.1930 Owned by Stanley Edward Catchpole & Ernest George Catchpole, Lowestoft (Stanley Edward Catchpole manager).   
04.02.1931 Owned by Stanley Edward Catchpole, Lowestoft (Stanley Edward Catchpole owner/manager).   
07.07.1931 Owned by Frederick Ernest Beane, Lowestoft & Isaac Alexander Kemp, Kessingland Norfolk.
26.07.1940 Requisitioned as a Barrage Balloon Vessel (Hire rate £32.0s.0d/month).
1940 Returned to Owners.
1940 to 1945 Fishing out of Fleetwood.
24.02.1941 In Wyre channel in collision with Icelandic wooden motor fishing vessel  "HELGI" (115grt/1939).
03.01.1942 Frederick Ernest Beane deceased.
07.04.1943 Owned by Mrs M. Beane, Lowestoft  
1954 Sold as scrap to  shipbreakers in Antwerp Belgium
17.05.1954 Sailed Lowestoft for Antwerp.
12.08.1954 Lowestoft registry closed.