Rugby as GY 18

Reproduced with acknowledgement to John Stevenson

             Rugby  LH 92                  

Built 1916     Cook Welton & Gemmell Ltd,  Beverley  (Steel)
   
Yard No 342
   
Owner at New William Grant, Cleethorpes Lincolnshire (owner/manager)
   
ID no 139924
   
Launch Date 20.07.1916
 
Completed 16.08.1916
   
Gross Tons 274
   
Nett Tons 123
   
Engine 79 hp    T.3-cyl by  Charles D. Holmes & Co Ltd, Hull
   
Length 125.6ft
   
Breadth 22.8ft
   
Depth 12.2ft
   
Owners  
10.11.1916 Registered at Grimsby GY 994.
11.1916 Requisitioned and converted to bomb thrower/ minesweeper (Ad.No.2979) based at Dover.
24.02.1917 Bill of Sale (32 shares): Owned by William Grant & William Henry Winslow, Cleethorpes Lincolnshire.
24.02.1917 Mortgaged by (32 shares)William Henry Winslow, Cleethorpes Lincolnshire (A).
24.02.1917 Mortgagee: William Grant, Cleethorpes Lincolnshire (secure 4750 & interest @ 7%).
11.1917 Renamed "RUGBY II".
Post12.03.1919 Returned to Owners reverted to "Rugby".
03.12.1926 William Grant deceased. Arthur Grant, John Wilfred Grant, Cleethorpes; William Grant(the younger), Navenby & Hugh Bourne Grant, Humberstone Lincolnshire appointed trustees.
29.05.1937 Three Bills of Sale: Owned by Arthur Grant (11 shares), John Wilfred Grant (11 shares), Cleethorpes & Hugh Bourne Grant (10), Humberstone Lincolnshire.
30.05.1927 Transfer of mortgage (A) (32 shares) to John Wilfred Grant, Cleethorpe  & Hugh Bourne Grant, Humberstone Lincolnshire.
01.06.1927 John Wilfred Grant appointed manager.
12.08.1929 Transfer of mortgage (A) (32 shares) to Arthur Grant, John Wilfred Grant, Cleethorpe  & Hugh Bourne Grant, Humberstone Lincolnshire.
28.02.1930 Two Bills of Sale: John Wilfred Grant (11 shares); Hugh Bourne Grant (11 shares): Owned by Rugby Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Grimsby.
07.03.1930 Bill of Sale: Arthur Grant (11 shares): Owned by Rugby Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Grimsby.
13.03.1930 John Wilfred Grant appointed manager.
31.03.1930 Transfer of mortgage (A) to John Wilfred Grant, Hugh Bourne Grant & C. A. Grant Ltd, Grimsby.
31.12.1930 Mortgage (A) discharged.
31.12.1930 Bill of Sale: (32 shares): Owned by Rugby Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Grimsby.
16.01.1931 John Wilfred Grant appointed manager.
16.08.1932 Mortgaged by Rugby Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Grimsby (B).
16.08.1932 Mortgagee: National Provincial Bank Ltd, London (secure account & interest).
01.03.1934 Two Bills of Sale: Owned by Harry Robinson (48 shares) & Fred Dawson Robinson (16 shares).
14.03.1934 Harry Robinson appointed manager.
07.07.1936 Mortgaged by Fred Dawson Robinson, Grimsby (18 shares)  (C).
 07.07.1936 Mortgagee: Harry Robinson, Grimsby.
11.03.1938 Mortgage (C) discharged.
11.03.1938 Bill of Sale (16 shares): Owned by Harry Robinson, Grimsby.
18.03.1938 Harry Robinson appointed manager.
05.07.1939 Mortgaged by Harry Robinson, Grimsby (D).
05.07.1939 Mortgagee: Arnold Arthur Beardsall, Grimsby (secure account & interest) .
14.08.1939 Mortgage (D) discharged.
14.08.1939 Bill of Sale: Owned by Earl Steam Fishing Co Ltd, Grimsby.
15.08.1939 Sir Alec Black Bart, appointed manager.
10.12.1940 Bill of Sale: Owned by Sir Alec Black, Bart, Grimsby.
12.12.1940 Sir Alec Black Bart, appointed manager.
30.05.1940 Requisitioned and converted to Auxiliary Patrol Vessel  (P.No.FY.4.162) (Hire rate 77.12.8d/month) based at Grimsby for Fishery Protection.
18.09.1941 Bill of Sale: Owned by North Star Steam Fishing Co Ltd,  Aberdeen.
22.09.1941 Grimsby registry closed.
22.09.1941 John Alexander Harrow appointed manager.
25.09.1941 Registered at Aberdeen A.518.
10.1941 Converted to a minesweeper.
07.1943 Deployed on miscellaneous Naval duties.
10.1943 Converted to an ESSO (Fuel carrier) (P.No.Y7.30).
06.1944 Operation Neptune-Normandy Landings. Assigned as a fuelling trawler to Force G.
03.07.1944 Operation Neptune ended. Reverted to miscellaneous Naval duties.
13.11.1944 Owned by Parkholme Trawlers Ltd, Grimsby.
13.11.1944 Aberdeen registry closed.
16.11.1944 Registered at Grimsby GY 18.
16.11.1944 Harold Wilfred Wilson, appointed  manager.
22.11.1944 Mortgaged by Parkholme Trawlers Ltd, Grimsby (E).
22.11.1944 Mortgagee: National Provincial Bank Ltd, London (secure account & interest)..
11.12.1945 Mortgage (E) disharged.
29.03.1946 Bill of Sale: Owned by Tillbrook Trawlers Ltd, Milford Haven. 
30.03.1946 Mortgaged by Tillbrook Trawlers Ltd, Milford Haven (F).
30.03.1946 Mortgagee: Lloyds Bank Ltd, London (secure account & interest).
03.04.1946 Arthur Ernest Rees appointed manager.
22.05.1946 Returned to Owners.
06.08.1947 Transferred to fish from Hull.
05.08.1948 Mortgage (B) discharged.
07.08.1948 Owned by Joe Croan, Leith Edinburgh (owner/manager)  (Skipper Jimmy Mason).
30.04.1951 Grimsby registry closed.
04.1951 Registered at Leith LH 92.
1955 Sold as scrap to BISCO (British Iron & Steel Co) for 2400.
24.03.1955 Arrived at Charlestown Fife.
03.1955 Scrapped by Shipbreaking Industries Ltd at Charlestown Fife. 
09.07.1955 Leith registry closed.
 

As HMT "Rugby"
Reproduced with acknowledgement to John Stevenson