Sea King   LH 144

Built 1893     Cumming & Ellis,  Inverkeithing Fifeshire
Yard No 6
Owner at New Mackay & Co Ltd, Edinburgh 
ID no 99241
Launch Date 18.05.1893
Completed 1893
Gross Tons 175
Nett Tons 11
Engine 75 hp     T.3-cyl by Muir & Houston Ltd, Glasgow
Length 112ft
Breadth 21.1ft
Depth 10.1ft
1893 Registered at Leith LH 144
27.07.1897 Stranded on rocks behind the pier at Leith during thick fog, later dry-docked but no damage found.
01.06.1898 Owned by Alexander Kay & George Shaw, Leith Edinburgh (owner/managers).
07.10.1898 Towed S.T. "Bonito" LH 48  into Dundee from east off the Bell Rock Lighthouse after she had broken down.
03.11.1898 Towed the Norwegian schooner "Progress" of Stavanger into Granton after she had lost both anchors while sheltering off Methil in a gale.
1898  Owned by Alexander Hay, Leith Edinburgh.
06.04.1904 Towed S.T. "Tyne Belle" SN 180 to Granton from the fishing grounds after it was discovered she was making water.
29.11.1907 Towed into Leith by S.T. "Sea Hawk" GN 37 with disabled engines, Engineer Edward Phillips was badly scalded and taken to Leith hospital.
1910 Owned by The National Bank Of Scotland Ltd Edinburgh (James Cormack Jnr, manager)
1913 Owned by Robinson Tug Co Ltd Middlesbrough (George Robinson manager)
1913 Leith registry closed.
05.1913 Renamed "SAMPHIRE BATTS" and converted to a tug
05.1913 Registered at Middlesbrough.
25.08.1914 Requisitioned for Admiralty service
06.10.1919 Returned to Owners.
1920 Owned by Tees Towing Co Ltd, Middlesbrough (William H. Crosthwaite & Charles William Robinson manager)
1933 Sold as scrap.
17.10.1933 Scrapped by Clayton & Davie Ltd at Dunston on Tyne.