In Aberdeen as A 423

Reproduced with acknowledgement to Joe Kerr

Semnos GN 25

Built 1914   John Duthie Torry Shipbuilding Co Ltd, Aberdeen
Yard No 396
Owner at New National Steam Fishing Co (Aberdeen) Ltd, Aberdeen (William R. George manager)
ID no 133644
Launch Date 29.01.1914
Completed 02.1914
Gross Tons 216
Nett Tons 80
Engine 70 hp   T.3-cyl by W. V. V. Lidgerwood & Co Ltd, Glasgow
Length 115.3ft
Breadth 22.6ft
Depth 12.3ft
17.02.1914 Registered at Aberdeen  A.18.
03.1915 Requisitioned and converted to minesweeper.
04.1918 Owned by Friarage Steam Fishing Co Ltd,  Hartlepool (James B. Graham manager).
29.04.1918 Aberdeen registry closed.
01.05.1918 Registered at Hartlepool HL 91.
1919 Returned to Owners.
1925 Owned by William Carnie & Others,  Granton Edinburgh  (William Carnie manager).
28.04.1925 John Dryburgh (30) Newhaven,Edinburgh, fatally injured at the winch.
1926 Hartlepool registry closed.
1926 Registered at Granton  GN 25. 
28.12.1929 John Lipscombe (33) deckhand, Leith Edinburgh washed overboard and drowned on passage home in the North Sea.
1935 Owned by Alexander Carnie, Granton, Edinburgh (owner/manager).
1936 Owned by Silver Star Fishing Co Ltd,  Aberdeen  (Andrew Craig manager).
10.1936 Granton registry closed.
10.10.1936 Registered at Aberdeen A.423.
11.1939 Requisitioned and converted to a Dan Laying Vessel (P.No.FY.726), later converted to an Auxiliary Patrol Vessel.
14.05.1942 Owned by Regent Fishing Co Ltd,  Aberdeen (Thomas Walker manager).
10.1945 Returned to Owners.
05.10.1950 Owned by John Walker, Aberdeen
31.10.1950 Owned by Iver Fishing Co Ltd,  Aberdeen  (John Walker manager).
1958 Sold as scrap to a German ship breaker..
1959 Aberdeen registry closed.