St. Gothard GN 46

Built 1894        Hugh McIntyre & Co Ltd,  Alloa  (Steel)
   
Yard No 141
   
Owner at New James Muirhead,  Edinburgh (owner/ manager)
   
ID no 99907
   
Launch Date 09.1894
   
Completed 1894
   
Gross Tons 156
   
Nett Tons 81
   
Engine 50 hp    T.3-cyl by Hutson & Son, Glasgow (Using McIntyre's geared patent allows greater speed for less fuel)
   
Length 112.2ft
   
Breadth 21.1ft
   
Depth 10.3ft
   
Owners  
1894 Registered at Granton GN 46
11.10.1894 Arrived new in Granton.
17.02.1897 Collided with S.T. "Rosebery" GN 8 in Granton Harbour, no major damage to either vessel.
18.02.1897 Arrived in Granton having been placed under arrest by HMS. "Cockchafer" for fishing illegally within the limit off Eyemouth.
01.01.1898 Owned by Muirheads Trawlers Ltd, Edinburgh (James Clark manager).
Pre1904 William G. Muirhead appointed manager
08.03.1904 Skipper John Robb at Cupar Sheriff Court fined 60 or 40 days imprisonment for fishing inside the legal limit at May Island Firth of Forth on 23rd Feb1903.
1904 Muirheads Trawlers goes into Liquidation.
1904 Mortgaged to the North of Scotland Bank.
Post1904 Owned by Edward Walker, Newhaven Edinburgh (owner/manager).
18.11.1916 Broke loose from mooring at Newhaven during gale and driven onto beach at McKelvie Parade approx 1mile away. Night watchman James Porteous was rescued and taken to Leith hospital suffering from exposure.
29.05.1917 Requisitioned as Fishery Reserve Vessel.
1919 Returned to Owners.
Pre 1924 Owned by David Dow Newhaven Edinburgh  (Thomas T. Dow manager).
05.09.1929 Ran ashore on Long Craig Rock Inchkeith Firth of Firth. Later proceeded to Leith under own steam.
1935 Sold as scrap.