Starwort LH 288

Built  1919      Isaac J. Abdela & Mitchell Ltd, Queensferry Flint North Wales as "Foam"   (Steel)
   
Yard No 445
   

Owner at New

Admiralty

   
ID no 145552
   
Launch Date 1919
Completed 01.10.1920 as a fishing vessel.
   
Gross Tons 95
   
Nett Tons 40
   
Engine 42 hp T.3-cyl by Isaac J. Abdela & Mitchell Ltd Brimscombe
   
Length 86.2ft
   
Breadth 18.5ft
   
Depth 9.3ft
   
Owners  
12.10.1920 Handed over to Fishery Board of Scotland for disposal to the Mercantile.  
07.01.1921 Sold to the Mercantile.
07.01.1921 Owned by John & P. Thompson and J. R. Brown, Cockenzie East Lothian.
1921 Renamed "STARWORT"
1921 Registered at Leith LH 288
1923 Owned by Martin Gardner, Robert Gardner & Martin gardner Jnr, Cellardyke, Fifeshire (John T. Graham, manager).
1923 Renamed “MENAT”.
1923 Registered at Kirkcaldy KY 232.
1934 Owned by Robert Gardiner, Cellardyke, Fifeshire (John T. Graham, manager).
1934 Renamed “PLOUGH”.
1939 Owned by Mrs R. F. Gardner, Cellardyke Fifeshire (John T. Graham, manager).
14.09.1939 Requisitioned for miscellaneous duties (Hire rate £32.0.0d/month).
1942 Owned by North Shore Fishing Co Ltd, Fleetwood (Basil Arthur Parkes, manager).
02.03.1946 Returned to Owners.
10.04.1948 Sank in the English Channel after striking  submerged wreckage and foundered near East Goodwin sands. Crew took to boat and picked up by Ramsgate lifeboat.