Strathearn GN 40

Built 1898   Hall Russell & Co Ltd,  Aberdeen  (Steel)
   
Yard No 315
   
Owner at New Aberdeen Steam Trawling & Fishing Co Ltd,  Aberdeen (John Brown manager)
   
ID no 108656
   
Launch Date 1898
   
Completed 09.1898
   
Gross Tons 147
   
Nett Tons 28
   
Engine 49 hp T.3-cyl by  Hall Russell & Co Ltd,  Aberdeen
   
Length 103.1ft
   
Breadth 22.1ft
   
Depth 11.8ft
 

 

Owners  
21.09.1898 Registered at Aberdeen A.864
20.02.1899 Company dissolved/sold and reformed under same name.
20.02.1907 Owned by Charles  Farquett, Leith Edinburgh Owner/manager).
25.02.1907 Aberdeen registry closed.
28.02.1907 Registered at Granton GN 40.
16.06.1907 Rammed in the stern by the Aberdeen barque "Inverneill" (1470g/1895) while fishing four miles east of the Bell Rock lighthouse, severe damage caused to stern and main boom, barque continued on her course without heaving to.
08.02.1910 Skipper John Donaldson at Cupar Sheriff Court fined 100 or 60 days imprisonment for fishing inside the legal limit at May Island Firth of Forth on 29th Dec 1909, plus a fine of 20 for failing to show the statuary lights.
22.01.1910 Ran ashore off Princes Pier,  Firth of Clyde, refloated and beached to prevent sinking.
15.04.1913 Owned by James Liston Inglis, Leith Edinburgh (owner/manager)
05.12.1914 Owned by Thomas L. Devlin,  Granton Edinburgh (owner/manager)
05.1915 Requisitioned  and converted to a Decoy
29.05.1917 Reduced to Fishery Reserve Vessel.
13.06.1917 Fishing 19 miles east of the Bell Rock when five shots were fired at her, presumably by a submarine, though owing to the hazy weather nothing could be seen.
21.03.1918

Exchanged fire with UB.78, 16 miles ExS of May Island, Firth of Forth "Strathearn" damaged but no recorded casualties.

1919 Returned to Owners
28.02.1919 Thomas L. Devlin deceased, (Robert D. Devlin & Thomas L. Devlin Jnr managers) (Company Trustees -Grace Darney Devlin (his wife); John Inglis, Peebles, Alex Stewart ( R. C. Priest) St Mary's Cathedral House Edinburgh)).
17.06.1919 Mortgaged by Thomas L. Devlin (Trustees), Granton Edinburgh (A).
17.06.1919 Mortgagee: John Inglis, Peebles Peeblesshire.
22.01.1920 Ran ashore off Princes Pier Greenock Firth of Clyde .Refloated and beached to prevent sinking.
08.02.1923 Mortgage (A) discharged upon the death of John Inglis.
05.07.1923 Owned by Thomas L. Devlin & Sons, Granton Edinburgh (Robert D. Devlin & Thomas L. Devlin Jnr owner/managers).
09.1923 Owned by William Sutherland Walker & James Douglas,  Aberdeen  (William Sutherland Walker manager).
20.09.1923 Granton registry closed.
22.09.1923 Registered at Aberdeen A.947.
1926 Owned by Dubuc & LeDu,  Dieppe France
10.03.1926 Aberdeen registry closed.
03.1926 Renamed "DIEPPOIS"
03.1926 Registered at Dieppe
1936 Owned by J. Masurier & C. H. Bergeret,  Dieppe France.
1937 Sold as scrap.