Strathugie  A 61

Built 1914  Hall Russell & Co Ltd,  Aberdeen  (Steel)
   
Yard No 543
   
Owner at New Aberdeen Steam Trawling & Fishing Co Ltd, Aberdeen (John Brown manager)
   
ID no 137150
   
Launch Date 27.05.1914
   
Completed 07.1914
   
Gross Tons 210
   
Nett Tons 90
   
Engine 74  hp    T.3-cyl by Hall Russell & Co Ltd,  Aberdeen
   
Length 115.5ft
   
Breadth 22.1ft
   
Depth 12.1ft
 

 

Owners  
29.07.1914 Registered at Aberdeen A.61.
1914 Requisitioned and converted to minesweeper (Ad No.1570) based at Malta.
1919 Returned to Owners.
05.06.1920 Manger becomes Sir John Brown. 
05.1926 George Massie appointed manager.
11.10.1929 Rescued the crew of Faeroese schooner "Marta" after she had caught fire. 5 crewmen saved Skipper & Cook lost. The Shipwrecked Fisherman & Mariners Committee regarded the case as a very exemplary one, and awarded Skipper George Summers, an Aneroid with inscription, a purse of 5, also the Society's Silver Medal, and to each of the eight other members of the crew, the Silver Medal and a purse of 3. 
23.12.1929 Ran ashore at Rerwick Head Orkney, crew saved by Deerness Rocket Brigade.  Towed to Aberdeen by Leith Salvage Co tug "Bullger" for repairs to be carried out.
27.08.1930 Skipper George Summers was awarded a gold watch and each of the crew a parchment letter bound in morocco by the danish Government for their part in the rescue on 11.10.1929.
1938 Walter Rhind appointed manager.
01.1940 Requisitioned and converted to Dan Laying Vessel.
09.1940 Converted to minesweeper (P.No.FY.1941).
31.10.1942 Owned by Archibald Glen Brown, Granton Edinburgh (owner/manager).
19.07.1945 Owned by East Anglia Steam Fishing Co Ltd,  Grimsby (Harvey W. Wilson manager).
19.07.1945 Aberdeen registry closed.
07.1945 Registered at Grimsby GY 73.
09.1945 Returned to Owners.
1946 Owned by James Crighton Robertson, Aberdeen. 
02.1946 Grimsby registry closed.
06.02.1946 Registered at Aberdeen A.610.
18.06.1946 Owned by Broomhill Fishing Co Ltd, Aberdeen.
1956 Sold as scrap to BISCO (British Iron & Steel Co) for 3400
27.03.1956 Arrived at Charlestown, Fife.
04.1956 Scrapped by Shipbreaking Industries at Charlestown Fife.
13.08.1956 Aberdeen registry closed.